Monday 31 March 2014

31.3.14

Happy monday.
Today was bloods day. Linda and i went to the Harbour Hospital, where we normally sit and enjoy a free hot chocolate whilst we wait for the nurse. Today we didn't have time. It was all very quick today and we were then out trying to decide where to lunch.
We decided on Mollys Den, one of our favourite haunts. We had a jacket potato, very downmarket for us! Unfortunately it was disgusting so we left it.
Called in at the bakery on our way home, which is odd cos we'd both decided we weren't gonna eat sweet things so we could lose some weight!
Cakes eaten! Home to do my ironing before tomorrow. I don't think i'll be up for it this week!
Whilst i sat there, contemplating Mount Ironing, the door bell went and my friend Lyn called round to say how pleased she was about my positive results. She was so pleased and excited, she cried! Bless her cotton socks. Started me off, which isn't hard these days.
Then the door bell went again and when i got there, there was nobody there! But there was a gift for me on the door step. Obviously from Linzi.


A little make a wish bear, and an angel of protection heart. How lovely of her. I will take the heart with me tomorrow.
Then the door bell went again and it was Sharon who saw this and thought of me.

Then the phone rang and it was Linda. Her client (she's a hairdresser), when hearing I'm in remission, had given Linda £10 to buy some flowers for me! How lovely, again. I don't even know her. There are some lovely people about.  She has another client who regularly buys me little gifts. Some soap, chocolate buttons and some coffee biscuits. It restores my faith in humanity. 
Then Jenni came round. We were sposed to be going out to meet some others at the pub, but we got carried away making videos on my laptop. We laughed so much. But also, i have a cough and cold at the mo, so best not to spread my germs to anyone else. Needless to say, my singing on the videos was a bit dire cos of my cold.
But what fun. Laughter is the best medicine, as long as you don't suffer from stress incontinence!
Now I'm lounging in bed with my hot water bottle, hoping tomorrow goes well and i don't feel too rough for the following week, cos I'm looking forward to doing some more gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment