Saturday 22 March 2014

22.3.14

I will apologise for my 'no show' yesterday. I was feeling ok, but extremely tired.
I woke at 5am, and was unable to doze back off.
I did however manage to do a little shopping with Linda, and some lunch out.
For quite a while, years in fact, i have been aware of the fact that deodorant sprayed onto the skin is not good for us. One, the spray can be inhaled, and two, the chemicals apparently are found in biopsied breast lumps. Whether it caused the lump or just found its way to the lump, I'm not sure. So for many years i used an aluminium crystal deodorant in the hope that it was better for me. It didn't really do me that much good in hindsight, as i am blogging about my cancer experience!!!
But anyway, my crystal smashed a long time ago and i never got round to getting another, so yesterday was the day.
I went to Boots to look for one.
I think I've mentioned I have a strong dislikes of smells at the mo. Obviously to do with the chemo. Not to do with HRT, as i was advised by a concerned friend! Specially cos I'm not on HRT!!!
Anyway, I walk into Boots, and the smells! Every perfume that ever was, enveloped my nostrils. I can't bare it. It makes me light headed and nauseous. So after finding the said deodorant, i made a hasty retreat.
M&S for lunch where i broke the cardinal rule!!! I had salad, with a jacket potato and tuna mayo. If I have to put up with pegfilgastrim jab each chemo day which stimulates the bone marrow to produce white cells, then i think i must have enough white cells to fight off any bacteria that may be on the uncooked vegetables. And I'm still alive to tell the tale. Oh i did enjoy it.
Then home for a doze before visiting Mary, my old nursey friend, for dinner and to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel in her own little home cinema. Had a lovely evening full of reminiscing, laughter and eating Marys home made strawberry granita, strawberry ice-cream and vanilla ice-cream, and champagne truffles under the ambient flickering lights of the film. Luckily it was fairly dark cos i managed to eat more truffles than Mary!
Then home to bedfordshire, but i still managed to wake at 5am this morning!
And another day of Ladies who Lunch. Off to the Captains Club with Louise as an early Mothers Day treat.

And the most beautiful flowers and card that she'd written inside, 'If i had the chance to have chosen  a mum, id have chosen one like you!' It made me cry, just a little bit of course!!!
We shared a baked camembert (another no no!!), i had ricotta, pine nuts and courgette lasagne, which was a little odd, i must say. It wasn't baked. It was a little bland, but ok, followed by chocolate fondant with honeycomb ice-cream. Not as nice as the apple tarte tatin that i had last time, but still very nice.
Then home for a little bit of gardening, despite the fact that the pegfilgastrim makes my back ache, and thats me for the day.
Looking forward to The Voice on TV this evening, but i have a dilemma.
Do i have the maltesers, or the sweet popcorn whilst i watch it?
Decisions, decisions, decisions!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment