Sunday 30 March 2014

30.3.14

I knew there was something i should have done!!! My blog, and technically its the 31st, but i shan't worry about that.
Ive had such a good day.
Of course its mothers day.
I intended spending it with Sam. He was gonna cook roast chicken and make me a chocolate cake.
He started the cake and kept asking me how to do this and that. Then he said he had to nip out to pick up a friend and take him home! Typical!!!
We got the cake in the oven and Sam disappeared to collect his friend, and i went out to do a bit in the garden. My Joe rang me whilst i was out there. He said he would have to post my pressy to me.....or if i opened the gate, he would give it to me!!!! Sam had been to collect him from the train station.
I cried like a girl!
It was so nice to see him. Not seen him since Christmas.
So i had 2 of my 3 boys round for mothers day. We chatted, i showed him the garden, we finished the cake, and then i heard, 'Mumma, let me in!'
Chris arrived too! All 3 of my boys together at the same time, and on my special day.
I cried like a girl!
He and his friend Heidi brought the food round for roast lamb. We had a lovely meal followed by cake. Then we chatted and laughed. I was so happy, still am. Chris brought me a trug of flowering bulbs and candles, Joe bought me candles, Sam made me a wonderful cake and a lovely card.
Took some lovely photos.



Im a very lucky mummy.
Then something else happened to make me feel even happier. I put on FB how happy i was that my sons were all round for Mothers Day. A few people made comments, but then Liz, one of my new friends from the Hodgkins Lymphoma page put, 'All together, and in remission in the sunshine.'
I hadn't thought of it like that. Because i still have chemo, it seems to have not registered.
Im in Remission!!!! And i think it deserves a capital R!
What a happy bunny i am.
They've gone home now, Chris and Joe. And I'm left with my pressies, and a nice memory of a lovely day. One of the best. And of course with Sam who every so often entertains me with his humour.
I think this day should carry me through my next chemo on tuesday. 
Number 5. 
Nearly half way.
But in Remission!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment