Sunday 2 March 2014

2.3.14

Look at the date already. Wont be long till its july. Sorry to wish my life away, but july is near the end of my journey, and i really can't wait.
Not only that, but i hope for some better weather by then. Im fed up of sitting indoors and listening to the rain pitter pattering on the windows, something i used to like. But whilst I'm hibernating with various aches and pains going on in my body without so much of an invitation from me, id rather it were sunny.
Im in an in-between mood today.
I find this chemo has not only made me intolerant, but sensitive too.
When i say intolerant, i mean things annoy me, like people who shout, or people who drive in a less than ideal manner. Phone calls where people try to sell me stuff and people knocking at my door forcing me to run downstairs when I'm in the bath. And more obvious to me today, insensitive people who are not in touch with reality! I shan't go into any details, but I'm feeling better following a chat with an angel - not a real angel of course, but she sorted my head out for me and made me realise it wasn't my fault!
Thats where the sensitive comes in. Im not able to cope with my intolerance any more and find myself getting wound up by things that normally i would just ignore or swipe away like a hand to a mosquito. I really should try to ignore people who make silly comments and see them for what they are.
So my side effects are weird today. I have weird 'pains' and i use the word very loosely, all over my abdomen. I feel like it would be different lymph nodes that are inflamed. Im not sure they are, but thats what it feels like. And the worse ones are right down the middle from throat to belly button. I keep going hot and cold, again, in no serious way. No temperature. More like a hormonal thing. I have a mild headache, despite anti-inflammatories, and very very mild nausea. When nauseous, the thing that makes me feel better, as it was when i was pregnant, is to eat. Therefore i have had 3 digestives, half of a microwave meal and 2, and yes i did say 2, milk chocolate magnums, which also help with the weird feelings and taste in my mouth. I can't taste them in any good way, but i still feel its worth trying!!!
My lovely son is cooking me sausage, chips and a well cooked fried egg (not allowed the runny variety) with tomato sauce. Yes its not posh nosh, but i can taste it, something that doesn't happen very often these days.
Tomorrow i am going food shopping for the week and i feel quite a few curries will be bought. The other craving i have at the mo is tinned tomatoes. Maybe cos i watched 4 in a bed the other day and the northerners dished up tinned toms on their brekkies and the southerners dished up freshly grilled. As i was put out by the 'posh' comments of the southerners, i feel an empathy with the northerners. So tinned toms it is!
Anyway, it must be sausage and chips time. Bon appetit.

No comments:

Post a Comment