Wednesday 19 March 2014

19.3.14

Im feeling so ill!!!!
Ive just devoured some peanut buttercup Ben and Jerrys ice-cream. I don't think thats the correct name, but I'm so full up that i can't be bothered to go and check the name on the carton!
I could really taste it. It was so peanutty and smooth and sweet and sooooooo lovely.
Yes the switch has been flicked. Im alive again, and for 2 whole weeks until number 5.
And what a day.
I, and a few of my new family on the hodgkins lymphoma Facebook page, are having issues with the new breast cancer awareness nomination and donation idea. The idea is, you nominate people to take a selfie wearing no makeup. When they take their photo and put it on Facebook, you then have to donate to breast cancer research. A good idea in theory, but it seems the full story isn't being passed on and people are just putting photos of themselves, make up free, with no donation.
Not only is this pointless, but its also very disheartening to people presently undergoing chemo.
Its quite depressing to see ladies with clean faces, smiling carefree, with good skin, hair, eyebrows and eyelashes, when we are suffering with loss of facial hair, thin scraggy head hair, or bald in some instances, dull lifeless skin, looking like death and unable to find the energy to smile.
I know, maybe we're being sensitive, but chemo makes you sensitive.
Well having shared various posts about the rules, and making my feelings clear, it seems to have had a real turnaround. People are donating left, right and centre. People are telling me their plans of fundraising. Things they have done in the past and continue to do to raise money. Just giving pages being started all over the shop.
So all in all.......... an absolute success.
Its so nice to see so many people doing so much to help out with the fight for cancer, the scourge of our lifetime.
Did a bit of gardening. When i say this, you are aware i mean Sam did some gardening, aren't you? I am the supervisor. And if i do say so myself, i did a jolly good job. Sam did well too. Dug up a bed, ripping out some very old plants, whose roots where nearly all the way down to Aus! All ready for me to purchase a couple of plants and create a fragrant, and serene garden. I ❤️ my garden!
Ive had Linda round for lunch - can you guess what we had? Yes, the muffin, goats cheese and red onion relish. Its an absolute winner. Chillout in the summerhouse whilst the sun shone.
A food shopping trip - hence the ice-cream. And then Linzi and Rachel visiting at 4pm. Except someone forgot to tell them it was ok for them to visit!! Wonder who that could be?
And they brought me some gifts.


Lemon cakeys, Maltesers, Chocolate bunnies and some daffs. Easter and spring merged into one. How sweet is that? Couple of hours of chatting and then I'm left to my own devices. 
Dinner followed by a volcanic eruption of ice-cream, and I'm really feeling stuffed. I shall blame the steroids of course!


No comments:

Post a Comment