Friday 7 March 2014

7.3.14

'Is that a wig?'
Charming!
I visited an old friend today, Julie. Well she's not old but I've known her a long time. She's definitely not old, cos she's the same age as me! Ive known her for about 30 years.
She's been through breast cancer so she knows what I'm going through, so i was invited to see her lovely new home near Dorchester. And her lovely dog, Ted.
So, other than a smile and a hug, she asked, 'Is that a wig? It looks very natural!' Bless her, it was my own hair, gradually thinned, and left to do its own thing. If it were a wig, id be asking for my money back.
We had a lovely day. Her new house, or cottage, is right on the river. We watched the water flowing and the birds darting about. Its just my type of house. Nicely decorated, beautifully finished.
We had quiche for lunch, she assured me she made it herself. Lemon cake for afters, again she tried to convince me, but the box was a give away. We laughed, something i do a lot of, as well as eating of course.
She certainly made me feel better following my recent negativity. She told me at this stage she seemed to 'get used' to the chemo and coped better with it. Thats not to say i will have the same experience, but it gives you hope rather than being told its all downhill, it builds up!
And then it was time for home.
Julie could tell I've been wasting away so i was packed off with a box of choccies.


I now have a lovely weekend to look forward to before bloods on monday, and lunch out with me Linda. And then number 4 - quarter of the way through. Followed by a scan where i will find out how the treatment is working......or not!
Another exciting instalment tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment