Friday 14 March 2014

14.3.14

Part 2
Home, doggies walked, in bed for a doze - its not happening!
I did however have a phone call from Dr Jack whilst i walked the dogs. Its getting a bit embarrassing now, all the calls etc. Oh no, hang on a minute, i rang him! Only to check if i could cut out the steroids - all the eating and waking during the night was getting annoying. I live in a dream world, don't i?
So, bath, and then a trip to sainsburys for a few provisions. Unfortunately, the steroids took hold of my credit card and the food trolley! I did buy a chicken and some veg to try and eat healthily, i got myself a curry, my spicy food of choice whilst my taste buds faff about, cheese, tinned tomatoes, and, wait for it........
raspberry trifle, Gu almond and cherry dessert, and some dairy free raspberry and mango ice cream!
Enough to last me for a whole week!!!
And it absolutely wore me out. I was only gone for about 3/4 hour and i was absolutely shattered. Amazing!
I enjoyed my muffin with goats cheese and red onion relish again, 3rd day in a row. If nothing else, I'm repetitive.
And then Sam decided to do some pruning in the garden, and i was the superviser. A few hours later and theres no garden left, and a few trips to the tip to look forward to tomorrow.
Its nice to do normal things. Im not really capable of doing much without getting short of breath, and i have to be careful not to scratch myself in the garden, or graze myself in case it gets infected, but its nice to see things being done that id like to do. I look forward to my chemo ending in july, all being well. Then i hope to recover from all my side effects and be able to do things again without puffing like a train.
Its amazing how you start to be in tune with your symptoms, and you fall into step with them. You go into auto pilot and treat them all as they occur, and sometimes before they've even started. You almost beat them to it. They're treated before they've even raised their ugly heads.
My latest is the irritated stomach lining, from mouth to stomach. My mouth throbs and my stomach aches. Nothing hideous, but annoying and irritating. Gaviscon mint! Does the trick as well as the Lansoprazole - a proton-pump inhibitor which inhibits the stomach's production of gastric acids! Im like a walking pharmacy at the moment.
Well my eyes are getting heavy, its gone 9.30pm, way past my bedtime (steroid induced of course). So i shall bid you a good night, and hope to goodness i have a better nights sleep.
Nighty night.

No comments:

Post a Comment