Wednesday 5 March 2014

5.3.14

2 in one day!
Im feeling my switch has been flicked! Theres a time after week one when i suddenly feel a lot better. Remember the 'Happy' video? That was a switch flicking moment. I do have another song to sing, but i may do it a bit later on my journey. I feel i should give warning. Most people seemed to enjoy it, or were kind enough to lie! There was one however who couldn't stand more than 15 seconds of it. If you have nothing nice to say, shut the F up! Thats what my mother always told me!
Anyway.
Ive been round to see Mary - nice thatched cottage, 2 cars, and room for a pony!
She did me a lovely brekky. Oh what a lovely time.
Mary is such a lovely person. So bright, so funny, she so models herself on me!
We talked for 3 and 1/2 hours, we did a bit of the mutual admiration stuff, we reminisced about all the fun we've had over the last 35 years that we've been friends, talked about our awesome children, we made plans of things we could do AC (after chemo), planned things to do DC (during chemo), it was lovely.
DC - I'm going round one evening to watch The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Its our sense of humour. And dinner of course.
AC - we're gonna visit our children (both living in London) for a weekend of fun and frolics.
I did mention yesterday about Mary. I did say there were stories to be told. Heres one!
Mary had a motorbike. Only a small engine, but motorbike all the same. We were about 20 years old. We decided to go somewhere on the bike (she had her license!). She got on the bike and waited for me to climb aboard. I was faffing with my helmet (i was always worried about messing up my hair, even then). Impatient about waiting for me, she revved the engine and rolled forward slightly, hoping to scare me into being ready for off. Instead, i screamed and my arms went round her, clutching onto the most prominent point (or points) and squeezing hard. Yes. Bosoms!!! You probably had to be there!
She never did that again!
Years of memories. Tears of laughter. I love my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment