Friday 28 March 2014

28.3.14

Part 2

I waited till about 12.10pm and then rang Dr Jack. Of course he picked up straight away when he saw it was me calling him!
He was doing a ward round so thanked me for reminding him to call me with my results (bless him, he likes to play little games with me. Im sure thats all he was thinking about since the last time i spoke to him!), but said he would ring me back in a minute!
2 hours later he rang me.
It was well worth the wait. The news he gave me was fantastic.
Complete metabolic response. Which in layman's terms means I'm cancer free. I have a hotspot in my pelvis, but its not active. About 0.3cm i think he said, but i could be wrong. I will ask more next time i chat with him. And i have a hotspot on my right shoulder tracking down into the muscle which he said was odd. Had i injured myself recently? I couldn't think at the time, but since thought, its probably all the gardening I've been doing!! The right arm is my 'spade' arm! He's arranging an US scan, but I'm sure its just down to gardening.
I still have to have the remainder of my chemo, unfortunately.
But after that, I'm sure Dr Jack will want to make future plans with me. Obviously he'll have to divorce the wife. Im hoping he doesn't want children cos i don't have a uterus any more!! But of course he will be daddy to my 3 sons!
He has already told me he will see me every 3 months after treatment. I was hoping to see him more frequently but he's a busy man!
Please, be honest with me. Do you think I'm imagining all this?
Anyway, onto the rest of my day. Went out with Linda to celebrate my good news. M&S had a premier club function on and I'm a member, so a glass of pink bubbly, a cheese straw and a lemon and white chocolate muffin was offered, whilst a guitarist played and sang some tunes. Aint no sunshine, one of my favourites. Then up to the cafe for a hot choc and shared a sandwich with Linda.
I imagined the time i was told i was cancer free to be different. I thought id be dancing on the table, shaking my skirt around like the cancan girls in the Moulin Rouge.
Instead, i had a hot chocolate and a sandwich and sat, drained, in the cafe. I think the excitement was overwhelming and emotional and its taken it out of me.
Im happy tho.
Looking forward to a future, albeit maybe a future filled with appointments and scares of whether its come back, but hopefully i can get back to normal.
Time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment