Thursday 13 March 2014

13.3.14

What a fantastic day!
Got home from work and walked the doggies. Home for a healthy cooked breakfast.
Doctors telephone appointment to sort some meds. Organised a professional oven cleaner to come and sort out the filthy oven that came with the house when i bought it. Excellent range oven, which they said they'd have professionally cleaned - i don't think so, but then that is in keeping with the rest of the promises and lies!
Anyway no negativity - until later in my blog!
I did some very mild gardening for about half an hour. Meaning, i put some stones down by a little bridge and rockery by the summer house. Then i put some shells on top that Linda had picked for me from the beach since the storm throw them up on the shore. It looks lovely, and i feel i have achieved something. Its amazing how tired something so small makes me so tired.
I went to bed for an hour or so for a nap, followed by a lovely soak in the bath.
Sam went off to the doctors to collect my prescription and to take it to the chemist. I advised him i don't pay for prescriptions, theres a box on the back to tick.
'Just ask the girls in the chemist and they will tell you which one if you say I'm having chemo.'
He returned without the prescription. They told him, 'if you don't know which box we can't let you have the drugs without paying!'
So i walked round there in the sunshine.
They assured me they had acted correctly. They didn't know which box needed to be ticked. I told them he was supposed to say i was having chemo.
'No he never told us that.'
Not for one minute did i believe that, but i checked with Sam, and he did tell them.
So they muttered an apology and i came home with some antacid and cream!
Never mind, worse things happen at sea.
Then Linda arrived for lunch.
We had muffins with goats cheese and red onion relish, as it went down so well yesterday. Not quite as tasty as my taste buds take on the battering from the chemo. But still lovely. Then a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of tea in the summer house.
Then Linda trimmed my drastically falling hair, although i still have beautiful eyebrows!
The post arrived at 3pm with a voucher from Marks and Spencers as I'm a member of the premier club. I couldn't believe it expired today and i only received it at 3pm so i phoned up to complain. The lady was very polite, as always, but felt she couldn't help. She couldn't believe i had only received it today at 3pm! I felt my hackles rise.
'Please read what it says on the voucher, ma'am'
So, very clearly,  to the point of sarcasm, i read what it said, '£10 towards home, clothing or lingerie, expiring on 13th april 2014. Today,'  i sarcastically pointed out.'
Then the penny dropped. Then i realised, its the 13th March today. Time to grovel!
I apologised profusely. 'Sorry, its my error. Don't be confused any more,' i beseeched her. 'All i can say is that I'm having chemo and its made me stupid!'
Luckily she was very sweet and understanding. But i did feel a pillock!
It gave Linda and i a giggle.
I must say its really nice to have an excuse for being stupid at times. Chemo brain.
But all in all, even despite the bits of negativity, its been a good day.
Looking forward to another one tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment