Tuesday 18 March 2014

18.3.14

Tuesday. The beginning of week 2. Feeling any better?
Im sure im better than i was, but its not a huge recovery this time. It started so well. The steroids made me feel better for the first few days, but its been slow ever since.
I know its something i have to go through, but really, you'd think someone could put in a good word for me!
Its weird, cos sometimes i don't realise I'm feeling better. All of a sudden it dawns on me. The feeling that i have a drainpipe rammed down my throat has gone. The ache in my tummy that makes me rub circles to try and alleviate it stops. The tingling, tender mouth starts to settle. The mild, but relentless nausea and headache leaves without saying goodbye. The tears that just spring to my eyes for no real reason dry up.
Then you think..........party time!!!
Party time means my taste buds awaken, very slightly. I can concentrate a little more on things (debatable), and usually on food. I feel the need to catch up on the taste I've missed for the previous week. I can pull my leggings up over my tummy without pulling the face of an angry wasp cos i don't like the pressure.  And joy of joys, i can have a cup of tea. Still black and weak, but it beats boiled water. Im hoping i can cut down on the gaviscon too. Its like swallowing toothpaste, but not that easy. It doesn't want to go over the swallow limit. I can stand there for 5 minutes trying to will myself to just 'swallow the damn stuff'.
Well I'm sat here in the living room. The sun is shining intermittently through the window onto me. It feels so nice.
I am starting to feel hungry. I feel the need to have some carbohydrate, by way of muffins with cheese and onion, or scrambled egg and bacon. I may have to nip to the shop as i have no bread in any form in the house.
I think i have turned a corner!
Only 8 more corners to turn!


No comments:

Post a Comment