Saturday 29 March 2014

29.3.14

Theres nothing worse than being woken up at 7am by a large bang coming from next door, and the dogs barking like its going out of fashion!
I grabbed my dressing gown and attempted to put it on whilst tearing down the stairs to see if there was someone at the door at that ungodly hour. As i got near the bottom of the stairs i could see through the glazed window about 6 men (i presume they were men), dressed in black with hi vis vests. POLICE. I dashed to the front room and peaked through the blinds. Police cars. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, and a police van.
Oh the adrenaline coursed through my veins.
I am.........a nosey neighbour!
I crept back to the glazed window to see if i could hear what was going on. It was too muffled. I was tempted to get a wineglass. Or a stethoscope that i have upstairs, but i didn't want to miss anything. Out to the garden with the dogs saying stuff like, 'Come on girls, wee wee,' in a overly 'this is my normal routine' voice. I peered through the ivy to see quite a few burly policemen stood by the open door. Still couldn't hear what was being said. Back to the front room to see a policeman walking back to the van with a battering ram.
I could have seen a lot better if it weren't for the huge laurel bush that I've been meaning to trim for ages, but i could just make out a policeman guarding next doors drive.
Maybe if i put on my WPC fancy dress costume and saunter past the guard, he may not notice I'm not a real copper. But i think the fact that it probably doesn't fit anymore thanks to the damn steroids, and the fact that i huff and puff like a train at the mo, may be a giveaway.
With no forthcoming information, the adrenaline started to subside and i went back to bed with a cuppa, only to hear a knock on my door and the dogs barking their heads off again.
Woohoo, a policeman on my threshold!
I invited him in and he told me all the gory details! Well maybe not all the details. Just that they had done a successful drugs bust. Its all down to the courts now, but he's been 'done' before. Keep an eye out for any activity and tell neighbours to all report anything suspicious. No point just one person reporting him.
All i can say it wasn't me, I'm far too much of a wimp to grass someone up!!
After Mr Policeman had gone, i watched all the vehicles disappear one by one.
Time for a bath. I lay there soaking and my mind started to wander.
What if he thinks its me? Will he puncture my tyres? Smash my windows? Or even worse, knock on my door and threaten me. To be fair, just being around him is enough to make you pass out, what with the tobacco and weed smells.
How do i know this, i hear you ask.
Further back in my blog, don't ask what date, but fairly recently, i went next door to ask for access to his back garden to rip some ivy down and to warn him of the imminent arrival of Wessex Water who were on a rat watch.
How on earth can i possibly go next door to ask to get in his back garden now? Ill be buried under his unkempt and uninviting patio.
And it wasn't even me who dobbed him in!!!
So an interesting start to the day.
To mention my trip to Haskins to meet Ness and Christine seems rather uninteresting after such excitement.
But i will mention it! Had a lovely time with the girls. Had a cream tea at 11am, but the scone was a little on the dry side and would have needed twice the amount of clotted cream to make it more enjoyable, so i only ate about half.
It was nice to have a catchup.
Then back home for a rest. Yeah, whatever! I couldn't help myself. I did some gardening. I potted my bedding plants, well most of them.
And all of this with a cold! Of all times to get a cold, when chemo is due. I hope they don't cancel it. I wanna get on with it.

Now its time to rest. The evening is mine to relax and watch the TV. What an exciting life i lead, but to be fair, i really wouldn't have the energy to do anything else.
The most noticeable thing about the chemo is the fact that I'm exhausted. I can't explain how much.
Roll on july!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment