Monday 24 March 2014

24.3.14

Lung function tests done. Glad thats over till the next time.
The whole experience is a mixture of good and bad. Arrival at reception being the first bit of good. Considering its a respiratory/cardiac department, it tickles me to see you have to walk up a long ramp to get to reception. By the time you get to the happy little receptionist (sarcasm!), you're huffing and puffing like a good 'un! It was a well designed department!!
As i was being booked in by the receptionist, i made a joke of the said ramp! Oh the filthy look! Someones had a sense of humour bypass. I was tempted to say, 'thanks Smiler', when she handed me my letter back! But i may have been thrown out of the hospital for insubordination!
And i know Linda wants me to mention this bit, cos it tickled her.  The waiting room was packed, and there was a little old man and his flies were open! I thought he maybe was doing 'cock in a sock' for cancer research!! Why does that always make me and me Linda giggle a bit? Do you think we'll ever grow up?
Anyway, the tests! Its not that bad, but makes me a little anxious cos it makes me feel a little claustrophobic, a bit panicky. You have a tube in your mouth and a clip on your nose to make you breath through your mouth. But its done now. The results - my lungs aren't as good as they were when i started the chemo! No sh*t Sherlock! Any activity leaves me short of breath and I've put weight on cos of the steroids, and that doesn't help either.


Im smiling in the photo, cos its all finished, till I'm invited back to party again.
But on the positive side, Linda cooked me a cheese and onion omelette which was scrummy. And my garden plants were delivered and most of them have been planted already. And its choir tonight so my Jenni will be round soon. She always makes me smile. But then have you seen her face?



No comments:

Post a Comment