Wednesday 2 April 2014

2.4.14

So i missed a day!!!
It was chemo day. It went well. Everything was there ready waiting for me, so no hanging around.
Jo, my nurse for the day was lovely, as they've all been. Ive never met a nicer bunch at the Dorset Cancer Centre.
Saw Dr Jack. He's very happy with me!! He was very pleased with my PET scan results. A very good response. He assures me i must carry on with all the chemo cos it will put me in a very favourable group. The group of people that have a very good prognosis. And he stressed again, a very favourable group, that can be cured forever! A very nice thought. Id hate to finish the chemo earlier and it come back a few months later.
So, number 5 is done. 7 more.
Got home and didn't feel wonderful so went to bed. The shakes started and i was quite shocked cos last time i had the steroids i was really good when i got home until i stopped them on the friday. The nausea followed the shakes, but luckily it was only for about 4 hours and it wasn't really bad hideous nausea. Had a few digestive bickies and hey presto, recovery began. Had some beans with cheese. Something quick and carbohydrate. Ate about half of it. Lets hope i stay feeling ok.
Had a restless night. Woke regularly needing water. I have, as I've said before, this irritation to my digestive tract, mucositis. Due to me being a sensitive soul! The chemo has decided thats what its gonna do to me to remind me I've had lymphoma, and notice i say 'I've had' lymphoma. So i wake up and feel like my throat has closed up and 'stuck' together. The water remedies this straight away. But of course it happens often through the night. But hey ho!
This morning, feeling tired and exhausted, but other than that not too bad. My best friends, the steroids, are working their magic. I am starting to feel hungry, hungry, hungry. If i think of food, like a muffin with goats cheese, red onion relish, salad leaves and balsamic vinegar, my mouth waters so much. I don't know what is holding me back from running downstairs and doing it! Although I've only had some bickies with my meds that need to be taken with food, so I'm sure i must be due some brekkie. So i may have to finish my blog now and continue with another one a bit later.
You have to get your priorities right in life. Am i right?

No comments:

Post a Comment