Wednesday 9 April 2014

10.4.14

Im doing this now cos i may have 2 blogs today.
Technically speaking this happened yesterday, but i was too busy rabbiting on about feeling the love!
Do you remember i was 'flashed' on my way to work after my first chemo?
Yesterday was my drivers awareness course.
Still feeling rough from my infection, i wasn't looking forward to sitting in a room with a bunch of strangers and being lectured about how naughty i have been!
Worried about the indigestion, i do tend to make weird noises at times, burp-like!
Worried about the cough, which is still quite productive and rattling.
I left in plenty of time, aware of the comment on the letter. 'If you're not there on time, you won't be allowed in!' Holy mother of Mary, its very strict!
I had been responsible, and the day before Linda and i had driven there to find out about parking. Theres plenty of space for cars on the forecourt, so thats good. Im not able to walk too far without huffing and puffing on a good day, but with my cough, its very difficult.
I get there, and some clown's put a sign up. 'Parking behind Streetwise!'
Im not gonna be able to do that so i parked on the road and go in, hoping to ask if its ok to park where i was for the course. But of course i walk in and theres no one there except the fast driving, phone answering, law breaking type of people, all looking annoyed, accepting, bored and none of them feeling friendly.
Eventually a nice lady, Margaret came out and said we could all give our names and show licenses etc. I rush to the front, wheezing, and after hearing my plea for parking, she allows me to park on the forecourt. She was lovely.
We all sat down, i was given special dispensation to go out of the room at any time if i had a coughing fit, cos on my entry to the building, the excessive activity of walking from the car to the building had brought on a coughing fit. Margaret and Brian, couldn't have been nicer or more helpful.
There was a wide range of people there. A lady from Zimbabwe - Tinya, an American lady, a South African - Vicky, an orthodox Jew - Moses, with his skull cap and curls. Mercedes drivers, Lexus drivers, Focus drivers.  Mostly 'speeders', but a couple of 'mobile phone users', and one poor unfortunate older lady who had driven the wrong side of a bollard on a wet but sunny day. A police car was round the corner and 'nabbed' her! Thats the spirit. A genuine mistake deserves 3 points and £100 fine! That makes me angry. All the rest of us were aware of what we were doing! She wasn't.
Anyway. The course was informative, questioning, and i really enjoyed it. It certainly makes you think and see things in a different way. Theres no rush, you don't save much time if you pull out too quick, or if you try to stop someone overtaking you. Let them overtake if they're tailgating. It will waste one second of your time.
I vowed when leaving, i would be a better driver, more responsible, more aware of myself and others.
Got to the junction just near Streetwise, saw a car in the near distance, and i pulled out quickly so i could get home!!!!
How did that happen? I told myself off. Its a habit. Im gonna have to break it!
Theres no rush!
Anyway, ill be back later. Its Jenni's hair cutting off day! There will be photos!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment