Friday 4 April 2014

4.4.14

An uneventful day.
Not feeling too bad.
Hoping it stays that way!
Ive started to cut down the steroids so time will tell.
What am i saying, an uneventful day? Ive had a very tasty day but without the taste. What I'm saying is, the steroids have kicked in!
I made the most wonderful sandwich. Green salad leaves, feta cheese, red onion relish. Last time it was in muffins, this time its as a sandwich. Unfortunately, Ruby managed to nick the top bit of bread off of half of the sandwich while my back was turned! She didn't manage to eat it, but neither did i!
But the other 3/4 was wonderful. I could taste it, which is weird cos my taste buds seem to have vamoosed at the mo.
I won't bore you with the larder full of food I've also eaten. Im trying to forget that bit. It doesn't help when there's adverts on TV for pizza, and burgers and all food thats naughty. I never normally eat those things, so why now?
When this chemos over i have lots of dieting to do, really looking forward to that!
The sleeping's been ok this time. Ive woken early but if i stopped falling into unconsciousness during the day id probably sleep later in the mornings. What i have found that is a positive is, before chemo i used to worry about things i should have done but thought maybe i hadn't. I would, in a slightly waken stupor, get out of bed, put my dressing gown on, and wander round the house trying to correct my error. Which of course there wasn't. I would eventually wake properly and reprimand myself and send myself back to bed where i would lay for a while wondering why i was an idiot!
Well i seem to have stopped doing that.
The thing i do in its place is worry that I've taken the really dangerous drugs that are prescribed to me, and I've taken them twice, overdosed in fact. Strange cos the drugs i am prescribed are very minor and unimportant. The worst i could do would be to over antacid myself, or make myself even more hungry with steroids!
Some you win, some you lose!

No comments:

Post a Comment