Sunday 13 April 2014

13.4.14

Another sun shiny day.
I woke early, as usual and watched my porthole sun shadow move round the room.
I even managed to walk the doggies today which was nice as its Dotties 2nd birthday today.
We met Karen and Archie round the park, and Tilly the Old English Sheepdog.
Dottie managed to get cross with two dogs who decided to sniff her bum whilst Ruby ran to fetch the ball, again and again and again....
Home again and expecting to relax with a cuppa in the sunny garden, but no.....
Straight away i start gardening. I finished off a patch of weeding, planted a rhododendron, cut the grass, and strimmed as well, moved some pots and stuff about, and lots of other stuff.
At one stage, i rested on a garden chair and enjoyed the warmth from the sun. From the area i was weeding and planting, up popped two small children from next door. Dom and Ollie. They made themselves comfy on a garden bin and told me about their new bike, and they were going to the park in a minute.
Then i realised with horror - i was bald. They'd never seen me bald before. Had i frightened them?  They're probably used to characters like Dobby and Gollum. They did look quite curious and were very keen to stay chatting with me, and when i went to the other end of the garden, so did they. Ollie in particular. I had a lucky escape when they went to the park - or did they have a lucky escape from sci-fi road!
I felt my back aching a little so thought id better stop at 1pm! I did stop for a tea break a couple of times. Much to Ollies displeasure. Bless his cotton socks. They're dear little souls.

What a corker!


That little bit's taken me weeks, although i have been ill. 
So, tomorrow! 
Bloods day has come round far too quickly. Bloods day always is a day when Linda and i go to a nice restaurant (usually, but the last one was a let down) and have something nice for lunch. Tomorrow it is Urban Reef, one of my favourites, as it's Linda's birthday on wednesday. I will not be in a suitably good mood to wine and dine her then, so tomorrow it is. Blood day also though is a day of forthcoming doom. The next day is number 6. I shall try to look at it with a positivity cos at least i can strike another one off my list. I will be half way, but i tend to feel half way is about a week after chemo. So i shall leave that landmark till 23rd or 24th.
So really, i did quite well to hang on to my hair for so long, and i use the words 'hang on' loosely. 
So heres a photo of me with my wig on! I wonder if Ollie would find the wigged me, worse than the bald me?
I am leading up to putting a baldy shot on here! 
Anyway, thats my lot for today. So i shall leave you to enjoy your sunday evening. 
Goodnight one and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment