Friday 11 April 2014

11.4.14

A proper switch flick day today.
Feel a lot better. Still wheezy and coughing, but feel happier.
I did a little gardening, just put some plants in. It looks lovely. Hoping to do a little more on sunday, but must remember not to overdo it!!!
I sat on the decking in the sun and had a cup of coffee, which is strange cos I've gone off coffee since chemo. And i had a hot crossed bun. It was lovely to sit in the sun. Lets hope it lasts.
Linda came round at 2 to take me out for lunch. We had a wonderful sandwich at Haskins and bought a few more plants. I found a lovely camellia with flowers that looked like raspberry ripple ice cream. Chris calls himself a raspberry ripple/cripple, and as I'm going to visit him tomorrow and view his possible new property, I've got it for him for a house warming pressy! Im sure he'll appreciate it.
Then home for a sit in the summer house with a cuppa and a giggle.
The subject turned to my hair, or lack of it.
Having tried my wig yesterday, i feel i look nicer in the wig rather than the pathetic covering that i call hair. It seems a lifetime ago that i had strong thick shiny hair.
Almost on the spur of the moment, we shaved it off!
When i say spur of the moment, its something thats been nibbling at my grey matter for weeks.
Its gonna happen sometime.
I wouldn't have to be covered in stray hairs everyday.
I wouldn't find my hair everywhere i go, in the bed, on the carpet, on my clothes, in my food, in the car, on Linda!
It wouldn't block the plughole.
More importantly, it wouldn't be going round and round my head. Shall i do it? Shall i not do it? With the worry of making the wrong decision.
So, the deed is done. And i didn't expect to look like Sinead O'Connor, but it doesn't look too bad. It looks a darn sight better than my scrappy bit of hair. It was starting to look like last years birds nest!
Hats have been modelled this afternoon. Scarves, feather boas, and of course the wig. I will put some photos on over the weekend of me in various poses with various props! You lucky lucky things!
Well all this bald headedness has made me very tired, so off to bedfordshire for me. At least i dont have to worry about my hair falling out in bed tonight.



No comments:

Post a Comment