Saturday 26 April 2014

26.4.14

The day started well and just got better.
Jenni and Linda came round and we had a hot cross bun (from M&S, but not the belgian chocolate ones, they had sold out!) and a coffee in the summer house prior to Steve and Jo picking us up and taking us to a Rockchoir workshop in Lymington.
We arrived early so we visited a cafe called Indulgence. There was about 20 different choices of cake. I had victoria sandwich with my tea and it was sooooo good. Very fluffy. Then back to the community centre for a singsong. It was heaving. I thought there'd be about 30 of us like the last workshop. There must have been about 200 of us.
A lot of people watching was practiced! I do like a bit of people watching.
The thing i noticed was the amount of hair in the room! All the different styles and colours. I of course wore wiggy.
We started the workshop with Bring Him Home from Les Mis.
I knew the song but had never looked at the lyrics before. I had looked at them before the girls arrived.
I sobbed!
How on earth was i gonna be able to sing that without letting the side down and blubbing like a baby?
I desensitised myself. I lay in the bath and listened to it over and over and hey presto, i could sing it without squawking.
So we started the song. It was so beautiful. The men in the bass section were separate from us bass ladies, or as we were called tenor ladies (tena ladies).
It sounded so good. And no tears, well not from me anyway.
There was some confusion with a section of 'our part' so to say chemo brain made life difficult is an understatement.
But when we sang it all together at the end, it was moving, very moving.
Time for afternoon tea.
Then song number two.
America from West Side Story. We didn't have so much time for this one, but this song was easier.
We had to sing it Peurto Rico Style, which was fun.
Again, it sounded lovely.
I really enjoyed the day, but it was very tiring.
Back in the car for the journey home. We sang some Rockchoir songs that we all know and love, loudly and with the windows open, and in the car park traffic jam, so everyone could hear. And i did it bald stylee. I had a few looks, but it all adds to the fun.
Then home to relax for the evening with a bit of Britains got Talent.
Its funny. As much as i looked forward to today, and i enjoyed it, i almost feel resentful that i wasn't able to do gardening and chores. And tomorrows the same.
Phil, my ex,  is round at 12 tomorrow to take me for lunch at the Kings Arms. Im looking forward to seeing him, and really looking forward to lunch at the Kings Arms, its one of my fave places, but again, its weird cos i like my weekend to do a bit of gardening and pottering about.
Theres no pleasing some people!
I have become very contrary.
And the last thing to mention before bed is the rats!
The stench has subsided, which is good before next tuesday (chemo day). And I've not heard any scratching this evening.
Hip hip hooray!


No comments:

Post a Comment