Thursday 8 May 2014

8.5.14

Rat man's been back to rebait. The cavalry have been called in as the rats are still scratching around and droppings have been found in a kitchen drawer! Well i think they're droppings, or wild rice!
Miserable, miserable day.
No chance to wander round the grounds! I bet there's chance for bindweed to grow everywhere tho.  Is the bindweed holding everything together? Im worried if i remove it the garden may fall apart.
I have found a few chores that i have to do, and i don't want to. I can't be bothered. Is that depression?
I just want to sit and play games on my laptop, oh, and eat of course! I just want time to whizz by.
If it is depression, its no great shakes. It must be the mildest of mild depressions.
I wrote a couple of letters the other day. I have 2 elderly aunts, one with an uncle! The couple live in Fife and the single aunt lives in Southbourne. I normally send them a Christmas card with a catch up  for the year. I usually send love to the children (my age!) and wish them a happy new year. Well, of course i moved house last june and then by Christmas i was having an op and being diagnosed with Hodgkins, so i never sent a card and neither did i tell them of my new address.
So,  i thought it time i sent a letter and apologised.
Yesterday i had a phone call from a Scottish lady apologising for opening the letter that she thought was meant for her. When she realised her error, she thought she'd better ring me to apologise and tell me the couple, my aunt and uncle, no longer lived there. My uncle died about 4 years ago and aunty had moved down south!
Flipping heck. Nice of them to let me know.
Strangely, the Christmas before i moved, i had a letter from a cousin in Chesterfield saying my uncle Stan had died in the summer. Nice of them to let me know, and 6 months late!
Well, to add to this exhilarating story, i got a letter today from my aunt in Southbourne. When i say it was from my aunt, what i mean is, its from the flat in Southbourne! Yes you've guessed it! The new owners moved in last october after the flat had been empty for over a year!
My worry is this. I am the common denominator!
If i could only have the same effect on the rats!
Oh no. I decided to google my aunty from Southbourne. She died on 17th november 2012, aged 82. How sad. My cousins never informed me. Its sad how families just grow apart.
Its sad i have no real family, other than my boys.
I have a half brother who i haven't seen for years, i see his wife now and again, and I've seen one of their sons a couple of times. There is a half sister too, and she's a weird one! Haven't seen her since mum and dad died. She did a runner to Cyprus with her boyfriend. As she was so nasty to my mum, her stepmother, I'm not too bothered about her doing a runner!
Are you keeping up with all this? Im gonna ask questions later and i'll expect a 100% pass rate!
However, i do have a very large family that have nothing to do with me! Cos i was adopted at birth, i have a family that i met when i was about 30, but my 'mother' had an issue with guilt and couldn't cope with a relationship with me, so she stopped contact with me and her 3 grandsons when i was about 33. I have had contact with a 'cousin' but she feels she must stay loyal to her nutty aunt, my mother'.
Honestly, families. Who'd have them? Im better off with my boys and my adopted sister, Linda.
Do you know what? Im shattered now! All this Private Eye work (I've been googling cousins and stuff) is tiring!
Im gonna tread the stairs.
See you all bright and breezy!



No comments:

Post a Comment