Tuesday 27 May 2014

27.5.14

What a day full of stress.
Chris, my beloved oldest son is so stressed he couldn't get out of bed cos his neck was so sore. He's gone off to A&E. No chance of getting a GP appointment. He's trying to buy a house (hoping to move in the next week or so), doing a PhD, worrying about his mumma, Dorset social services hounding him for bank statements and stuff, and considering they've mucked up big style over the last year or so, I'm surprised they have the nerve to ask him for anything, and finally Wiltshire social services who are equally as useless as Dorset, are relentless asking for more and more forms, documents, information etc. Just as he gives them what they ask, they ask for something else.
I have the social workers name and number and I've been trying to contact her all day, but of course she doesn't get back to me. Cant say I'm surprised. I expect nothing less from these people. If i told you the whole story (if i could remember it all) you'd be shocked.
Dr Jacks secretary rang me to say chemo number 9 will be on wednesday instead of tuesday. Another day further on. Apparently they have no spaces on the tuesday.
Spoke to the GP and have a prescription for beta blockers to start tomorrow. She said the ramipril doesn't necessarily work straight away. Hence me still feeling out of puff and pulse racing.
I also have a new blood form to collect to test my thyroid and kidneys. My heart will definitely have to work harder next tuesday when i have my pre chemo bloods. I doubt i'll have any blood left in my veins after they've finished with me.
The CT department have booked me in for this thursday at 12 for my lung CT. NBM from 8am except clear fluids. Another cannula and dye! Im starting to look like a pin cushion. They're normally round and squidgy too!
The MRI have tried to book me in for the same day at 8.10am!!!! But they can't do it the same day as CT, so 'how about the 4th?' Chemo day. They're gonna get back to me after they've done some juggling! Very skilled staff!
OMG you don't know how much i wish it were July!!!
Oh yes. There was something else. I called in at pharmacy from hell number 1 (the first one to be unhelpful). I stood at the prescription side of the till, leaning on the counter so i didn't fall over, and the nice lady chatted with the customer at the retail counter. Apparently the customers sister is running the Race for Life so she was very proud and telling her all about it......... whilst i stood waiting. She took the script from me and asked (i really wanna put aksed!) me to sign it. I asked which box i needed to tick as i don't have my glasses on me, and i explained I'm having chemo. Straight away, no pauses, no threats of fines, no pushing me up against the tubigrip, she ticked the medical exempt box! So easy!
I waited for the script to be filled whilst the pharmacist continued to chat about her feet. Apparently she can't wear shoes at the mo, what an awful shame.
Then my drug of choice was handed over.
In my day they used to say with a smile, 'Take one tablet with food in the morning.' Or as i once heard,  (not to me, i might add) 'Insert one pessary into your vagina at night time and hopefully in a few days your discharge should stop!'
It was nice the whole shop got an intimate view into the life of the young lady with the red face!
Id really like to go on Room 101. But if Frank Skinner doesn't drop my stuff in Room 101 there would be hell to pay.
I would put in useless unhelpful pharmacists/shopworkers, religious door knockers, rats, calories, social workers, and of course door to door charity collectors. I could carry on here and have an endless list of Room 101 exhibits, but i don't want to bore you, and i don't want to cause a riot. I can hear you all at the end of your laptops shouting out your own choices!
Otherwise, an uneventful day!!!
So i shall publish my blog now so that i have the evening free to enjoy Coronation Street and Happy Valley this evening! I live life on the edge.


No comments:

Post a Comment