Friday 2 May 2014

2.5.14

I had a funny thought today. I don't have any bad hair days anymore! That tickled me. Although i do look forward to growing some and complaining about it!
Uneventful morning, but went to Haskins Garden Centre with me Linda.
She's been so good to me, my 3 boys wanted to get her some flowers to say thanks. I thought she'd prefer a plant for her lovely garden, so she chose a red bottle brush plant. She was very pleased with it. She deserves much more.
We also had a cup of tea and a scone, jam and cream. Ok ok, so the healthy eating didn't do too well today! The scone was like an asteroid. Big, round and rock hard when entering the earths atmosphere. If id have dropped it on the floor, it could have smashed the tiles. So we got our money back, after eating part of the cream tea.
But the thing that made me tingle today.
I sat there bald as a coot! I didn't care! I threw caution to the wind! Very liberating.
Wearing my hat, my head gets hot. Do i sit there and bake like a scone, or remove the titfer?
I didn't notice any funny stares, but i really don't care any more.
So back in the confines of my prison (i don't really mean that, but i don't get out much), I'm trying to think what to do food wise tomorrow. I have a soup recipe that i haven't done for a while which uses conchigliette pasta. So to remind myself i decide to get the pasta out of the drawer and leave on the work surface.
Rat droppings!!!
The drawer had rat droppings, and possibly mice droppings too. A box of paxo was open and nearly empty. The rice and pasta hadnt been touched, but i thought it better i chucked the lot.
How are the little gits getting into my pasta drawer?
Theres a hole behind the drawer for access to an electric socket.
So, the drawers are all clean and sprayed with antibacterial spray. They are empty.
Yes you little gits, you're gonna go hungry tonight.
I don't know what to do now with the drawers.
Strangely, one of my chores this morning was to contact Wessex Water re my lodgers. The are back on 8th May to re bait and then will get Rentokil involved. I really can't wait!
I really do appreciate the dear couple i bought the house off of last june.
If i knew where they lived i would take a box full of rats round as a housewarming.
Its nice to know there are still nice responsible people in this world!
So I'm ready to lay my head on my pillow and escape the stench and the scratching for 7 hours.
Adios.

No comments:

Post a Comment