Thursday 29 May 2014

29.5.14

Good morning
Just thinking of getting up and feasting on a wonderful breakfast. Im NBM from 8am, so need it to be near to that time as possible. Thank goodness I'm not on steroids, i would probably have to have a straight jacket on to stop me munching anything in sight! Maybe even a padded cell.
Luckily I'm allowed clear fluids, so i shall be having the odd cup of Bovril now and again if i get hungry, and of course, water. Yummy!
Most people can cope with 4 hours of eating nothing, but when you sometimes feel nauseous and digestive biscuits help with that, it makes life a bit miserable. I shall be taking a banana and some biscuits to eat as soon as i get in the car, if i need them, of course.
Oooooh had a reply from Chris's social worker.
Apparently its not her fault, its the finance departments fault! Which is true to a degree. I think it could have been made easier for Chris if she had explained it better, and tried to set his mind at rest. But hey, what do i know!
I have informed her how stressed my son is and so hopefully she will leave him alone for a while now!!
CT scan. Uneventful!
I found a parking spot straight away. I was taken into the scan suite as soon as i got there, 15 minutes early. Scan suite!!! It sounds like the honeymoon suite, but no flowers and champagne.
I was cannulated, a practice scan done, dye injected, proper scan.
And breath normally.
Cannula removed, a cup of tea prescribed, and a banana.
Appointment was at 12, i was walking to my car by 5 past!
If only chemo was so quick and easy.
Had a visit from Miss Linzi. She even brought her own cup of Options Hot Chocolate! And some lovely white tulips with one red one.
Aint they purdy?
Then a quick doze, unintentional, before Mary arrived.
We had decided on fish and chips but before that i had to bid on a lamp on Ebay that i had my heart set on. I won it. So happy! Little things please little minds.
Off to the chippy for cod and chips.
I put salt and vinegar on them, but only a very little salt for health reasons. Could hardly taste them, but nice anyway. 
Then a walk round the garden where Mary astounded me with her knowledge of birds and their tweetings. There were swifts flying above us, and the sounds of my blackbird with the white tail feather, and a robin. I wish i had her knowledge. I should use my time off work to teach myself the sounds of birds, and distinguishing different birds. I love birds of prey and i always think they're buzzards cos they're so common. But id like to be able to recognise them all.
I love kingfishers and i know their distinctive sound, so I'm part of the way there.
We chatted and chatted and then Mary managed to escape! She's so lovely. We've arranged a weekend away in october for her birthday in London, staying with her daughter Hannah, and seeing my son Joe. I can't wait. Something to look forward to.
So after a nice day I'm gonna cuddle up in bed. TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment