Friday 23 May 2014

23.5.14

A wonderful nights sleep, but not a good start to the morning.
Don't click on the x at the top of the page after that statement. It could be entertaining!
So Lyn has taken the dogs out for a walk on this wet blustery day.
I continue to laze in bed like a queen.
Thoughts of preparation of the girls brekky. Today they will mainly be eating sardines and minced chicken.
On their return, i drag myself dramatically out of bed, bid goodbye and thank you to Lyn and head to the kitchen for a gourmet delight.
It is 8.30 am. I hear a vibrating sound emanating from upstairs. My mobile phone! It can't be anything important at this time of the day. With a over pumping enlarged ventricle, dashing up the stairs isn't an option.
Im expecting a call from Dr Jack, but I'm sure he won't have managed to speak to the cardiologist at this time of the morning. So i am sure its nothing important.
On return to my comfy safe haven i listen to a voicemail.
'Can you call Sara, Dr C's secretary, on 01202 55255.'
Dr C is the cardiologist.
Thats not a proper number. Only 5 digits.
I ring the number that was left on my phone which was PGH. I explain the problem and I'm put through to Dr C's secretary.
'Hello, this is Sue, Dr C's secretary. Im on leave until 3rd June. Leave a message.'
I hang up the phone, and in my stress, which isn't good when you have an enlarged left ventricle, i shout, 'FFS.' Not the abbreviation though!!!!
Then i realise, i hadn't hung up!!!!
OOOHHHHH NNNOOOOOOO.
I rang PGH again and get put through to Sara, eventually.
Its a problem of mine, i cannot tell a story in a simple fashion. I have to go all round the houses!
So my first 10 minutes with Sara were explaining how i didn't get the number, and rang PGH, and put through to Sue, etc etc etc.
Followed by a 10 minute apology for Sue on her return from annual leave, in case she has on her voicemail, me blaspheming!
I can feel my right ventricle joining forces with my left!
And onto my next subject!
I have asked my Sam to go to the doctors surgery to get my prescription for my new heart pills!
He has just rung me from the chemist to ask which box to tick on the back of the script. I told him to tell the chemist I'm on chemo, that makes you exempt from prescription charges.
He has already told them that but they are being 'jobsworths'. So i spoke to them and they asked which box to tick. I said i have no idea, I'm having chemo. You've got more idea than me.
'You do realise you can be fined £1000 if you tick the wrong box and they find out!'
Really?
Do you think they would fine someone on Statutary Sick Pay who's undergoing chemo £1000 if she ticks maternity rather than medical exemption?
I said this to her and she replied, 'probably not!'
She then informs me its the 'medical exemption' box. So she knew all along!
After hanging up the phone, she then tells Sam we/me could be fined £1000 for fraud! She's relentless. She's gonna break him down one way or another. Maybe if she grabs his arm and twists it behind his back, and presses him up against the bandages and plasters shelf, or maybe the diabetic jam shelf, maybe he'll own up to not having a mother on chemo, and that he's gonna sell the heart tablets on the black market. She will then be held up as a hero and be on Pride of Britain this year.
A little power in the wrong hands just shows how our country is going downhill rapidly. Gone are the days when people were helpful when you were incapacitated. Its now all about self gratification and making life difficult for people!
Well done West Parley Pharmacy. You get a gold medal for being unhelpful.
The remainder of the day has been spent relaxing.
Lyn called round for a cuppa so i told her all my news and she told me all about her holiday in Mehico.
Then Dr Jack rang.
To cut a long story short, theres a whizzo drug that will protect my heart from the doxorubicin but it won't be available till the end of the week, and as he's away for the week, so he's cancelled it till the following week and instead i will be having a CT scan of my lungs.
I must say i was secretly hoping he was gonna cancel a cycle of chemo. But no! He obviously wants me to keep visiting him every fortnight for my dashing company and lithe figure.
I can't say I'm thrilled about missing a week cos it puts out my 'day counting'. D Day is now 15th july (all being well), but worse still, Linda is on holiday for that week. I can't say how bad that is.
She's been there through all of it with me, and the pinnacle of the whole thing, she's away. She's gutted, and so am i. We've talked so much about number 12, the emotion, the excitement, the victory, the end.
Nothing more to say.
As requested by Dr Jack, Ive done a 'test' of getting my pulse to over 120bpm and then check how long it takes to 'cool down'. To get my pulse up (to 132) i climbed the stairs, twice!!!
Ive done all my pulse readings and emailed it to Dr Jack. It wasn't easy cos i kept losing count!!! Yes thats right. I can't even count now!
I have taken my new tablet which will help my heart to beat properly by opening my blood vessels. Its all very technical.
I was filled with trepidation. I was told my blood pressure can drop so i could go dizzy and maybe even pass out! So i have to take it easy till I'm used to them.
I am sat like a statue not wishing to move in case of dizziness. Sam has made my dinner. He nearly had to eat it for me! But all seems well so far.
I have managed!
Im aware if i move quickly my head takes a little while to catch up, but all in all, its ok. I will live to see another day!
I was hoping i would have a fairly instant reaction, the shortness of breath and the tachycardia would cease. Silly of me really.
Maybe tomorrow i will notice a difference.
So now I'm off to count sheep. Difficult with my most recent inability of counting, but also difficult with my head waving from side to side as the dear little things hurdle the fences, what with the dizziness, and all that.
I feel theres a joke there somewhere about being woolly like my brain.





No comments:

Post a Comment