Wednesday 21 May 2014

21.5.14

Had some very good news today about a fellow Hodgkins (as well as other things) sufferer.  She's in partial remission and has only 2 more cycles of a different regime. Thats 2 more doses on a fortnightly basis, meaning she'll finish on 28th June, hopefully. She's had an awful time. She had a previous cancer which resulted in a mastectomy and reconstruction. Followed by HL.
She's a little inspiration to me.
And she's 18 today.
18!!!!!!
Im not a religious person, but theres nothing to stop anyone having a quick pray, and even a bit of begging.
Nice visit from a school friend, Gill. She brought round a lovely garden plant and some strawberries and cream, so we sat in the summerhouse and demolished them.
Lovely to see her. We talked for England.

Aren't they gorgeous? If the storms hold up tomorrow, i will plant it in the garden. I have just the spot in mind. 
Oh no i won't, busy day tomorrow. Im sure fun will be found at PGH Cardio Respiratory Department.
So, I've had a painful arm. It felt very much like neuralgia, nerve pain. Id been told you can get a sore arm where the drugs travel up the vein. But i wasn't sure what sort of pain, whether it was localised, if there would be any inflammation or bruising. So it only right, going on a past sore shoulder/arm, that this would be the same pain, so the same diagnosis.
It seems I'm wrong! Its actually chemo induced 'vein pain'. And my word, its fun! I have been popping the anti-inflammatorys constantly and its only numbed it slightly.
Now all my HL buddies have backed up the theory of the reaction of the drugs on the vein, i have relaxed enough and hopefully it will sod off!
I have though, been told to watch out for thrombosis! Have i not got enough to be getting on with?
I have a cunning plan. 
I am gonna wrap myself in cotton wool, and then an outer layer of bubble wrap until the end of july.
And I'm gonna continue to count the days till i am released from my prison. The prison of life. 
Freedom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bdOTUocn5w



2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your friend in partial remission -It can be so sad going for treatment, surrounded by very sick people, that it's great to hear a positive story! :) And the vein pain from that drug, oh don't get me started! Nightmare! Did you get a PICC line fitted? If the drug is burning/ hurting, it should help! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. No i didn't have a picc. Im hoping my 4 remaining chemos will be done in the other arm! Hope you're enjoying your new chemo free status xxx

    ReplyDelete