Wednesday 14 May 2014

14.5.14

Oh what a beautiful morning!
Sun is shining, and I'm feeling fairly good.
Following my chat with Dr Jack yesterday, he's told me my shortness of breath etc is down to fatigue rather than lung damage, so thats good. This fatigue sh*t is heavy stuff.
I thought it may be mild depression, but i don't feel depressed. I doze a lot, even when i don't want too!
The times I've put something on the tv that I've 'recorded' only to wake up when its finished, watched it again, and the same again!
And i can't be bothered to do anything - again its the fatigue. It all makes sense now. If i didn't have chemo brain, i would have got it sooner.


So today I'm feeling ok ish so i feel i should do something. 
Ive mentioned before i have issues with my image, what with being fat and bald! The hats that i wear make me look ridiculous, and as I'm not overly bothered about looking ridiculous at the mo, i continue to wear them. My idea of opening the door to people who have annoyed me (charities, circulars, jehovahs witnesses (!!!!!) cold callers etc) bald stylee i believe is backfiring on me. I think I'm more scary with my hats on!
So today i will be visiting Hobbycraft to buy a crochet hook, a circular needle to attempt to knit and crochet some nicer hats. Its all very well having a wig, but its not always the most comfortable thing to wear. Lucky i don't go out much so i don't have to wear it much. 
Although i do like a bit of shock factor when i whip if off to unsuspecting people. Am i wicked?
My hair is starting to grow back. Im looking like a baby bird, but bigger! Don't know if it will grow and stay, or if i will continue to moult. I have another 4 treatments (i call it treatments now, cos it makes me think I'm in a spa having a massage or facial).
Its also grey now (i say this as if i was a natural blonde before!) so its even more invisible. I can't wait to put some colour on it. My face is very pale and with invisible hair i look ill! And technically, I'm not ill.
Oh what a lovely day. Ive felt well enough to actually do things.
I went and got my knitting/crochet stuff with Karen, and we stopped for a cuppa and piece of Dorset apple cake, which was surprisingly good, but would have been better warmed and served with clotted cream! We had a jolly good time.
I did a bit of pottering in the garden. Ascertained my leaf blower works and steam cleaner works. They work better than i do at the mo!!
I tidied (take that loosely) the garage and found, to my horror, the bird seed and nuts etc have been attacked by mice, on the third shelf up!!! How do they reach it? Do they have a little mouse ladder?
I have a picture of a dashing debonair mouse in black 'slacks' and a black roll neck top, armed with a box of chocolates. Dashing from under the decking, dodging stray yapping dogs. Finding somehow, a way into the garage and scaling the shelf unit to nearly the top floor, dangerously dangling by a thread while winched to the correct station. Sharp dagger between his teeth unless he come across some danger. A large spider maybe, or an enemy mouse after the same treasure, maybe a lower class mouse dressed in rags just needing to feed a large family. Filling up sacks with nuts and seeds and leaving the calling card.
Im still waiting for the chocolates and i don't think I'm gonna get them now, cos I've put the remaining seeds in an airtight box and put them elsewhere. Ive also cleaned up all the mess the filthy animal left!
And more importantly, i have a new shelf to put more crap on!!!!
Sam has done a tip run with more ivy, i would say one more trip should do it.........for now! Still more to rip off the side of the house.
Its all coming together.
Oh its so nice being able to do things. Long may it last.
Ha ha ha, he he he, I'm a laughing gnome and you can't catch me......for now!
Night night all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment