Tuesday 13 May 2014

13.5.14

Well, lookey lookey here!
Number 8. Its not even 7pm, and I'm blogging.
I would say I'm feeling a bit better.
I was a lot more positive today, which I'm surprised at. I seem to have lost some of my positivity just lately.
Chemo was uneventful.
Linda sat and rubbed my feet whilst i tried to sleep, it always makes the time fly a bit. She's a star. I couldn't do it without her. I owe her a lifetime of love and care.
I mentioned to Dr Jack about my rigor last time and he doubled my steroids. I felt happier knowing they would help. They're my lifesavers.
The last 5 minutes i had some shivery episodes. That turned into a rigor before i even left the hospital. Dr Jack offered me pethidine. Don't know what that would do, but i declined. Ive had enough poisons for one day.
My nurse, Leanne, who was absolutely wonderful, wanted me to stay in for a bit.
No chance!
Ive said before, I'm desperate to escape.
So got in Lindas car, shaking like a polaroid picture. Huffing and puffing.
By the time we were home, it had stopped.
I went to bed and it started again, but mildly and not for long.
So it was time for my regular prescription of digestives. They always make me feel better!
Placebo effect.
Feeling mighty fine, i decide to check my temp again. It was normal early.
39 C!!!
Thought of hospital admissions, cannulas, IV antibiotics etc filled me with anxiety.
I took my hat off, and used my fan to cool me down a little. Still 38.9.
Rang Dr Jack. His response.......
'Don't worry about it. Its a reaction to the bleomycin, like before. Your bloods are excellent, so a buffer for you. Keep an eye on it over the next few days.'
Gob smacked, but very happy.
Its amazing i feel so good considering all the poison I've had today. It never fails to amaze me. Im full of fatigue, a bit spaced out, but in the grand scheme of things i feel quite good.
Lets hope it stays like that.
A bit of shut eye, i think. Heres hoping for a good night.
Night night, don't let the bed bugs bite.


No comments:

Post a Comment