Sunday 11 May 2014

11.5.14

It was definitely nil point!
I watched Eurovision for 15 minutes before anyone even sang a song, and then i was tempted to top myself, so turned over quickly!
I did however, watch Man on a ledge, which i thoroughly enjoyed.
Sunny sunday.
I decided i need to cut the grass which was so long i couldn't see the dogs. I only have a tiddly bit of grass so not a big job. I cut it, i strimmed it, i raked it. So much better. And my raised rose garden which is overrun with finished bluebells, i decided to pull them out as it looked so untidy. So I've been a busy bee. I must be feeling better!
Dogs walked, jacket potato in the oven, time to chill until lunch is ready.
Sam has now been banished to the garden to carry on his job of pulling out that ivy root. Its gotta be donkeys years old and is holding onto the garage like Dottie held on to her bone yesterday! Its going no where.
On friday i left him alone for a short while with the hedge trimmer that he was using to chop up the huge ivy bush so he could take it to the tip. He cut through the garden hose! My fault of course for leaving the hose out! Luckily i managed to repair it. The hose is now about 8ft shorter than it was before.
A visit from the lovely Rachel. She brought a bag of 'stash' for me, bless her cotton socks. We can talk! 2 hours non stop.

Oh i have a new gripe!!!!!
I have given to Cancer research UK on a regular basis, and certainly just recently, I've given more.
So im not adverse to charities. 
Obviously as recorded in my blog fairly recently, i was truly narked by a pleasant lady from 'Childrens deaf charity' who rang the doorbell and asked me if id heard of them!!
Being that i was feeling a bit rough from my treatment, i told her i wasn't interested. She realised the situation, and backed off, quickly, apologising for disturbing me.
And i have since displayed a sticker saying, no circulars, charity bags, etc etc.
So.
Its sunday night.
Its 9.30pm. 
I hear a noise at the front door. The dogs run like lunatics (dangerous dogs act worry!), barking and growling.
Christian Aid envelope!!!
Need i say any more?
Im looking forward to their return to collect said envelope!!!
Guts and garters are 2 words that spring to mind.
I shall retire to my bed safe in the knowledge that i am on a mission. Ha ha. I am a missionary!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment