Monday 7 July 2014

7.7.14

What i didn't manage to put on my blog last night when i got in from an extremely busy (yeah whatever) weekend, was that as i drove into the drive i saw Tinia and her hubby. A blast from the past. Their son, Jamie, was friends with my Joe when they were in first school, and a nice little lad he was too.
We chatted for quite a while and caught up on a few things. I love it when that happens. Spontaneous. Such a nice couple too.
So i apologise for not putting that on the blog - blame the chemo??????
Actually it wasn't just the chemo to blame. Ruby has been a bit under the weather. She was wormed on thursday, de-flead on friday, had the runs on saturday, sunday developed a ranula - a blocked infected salivary gland in her mouth, so we spent an hour at the PDSA last night.
That last sentence sounds like a Craig David song.
'She had a worming tab on thursday, then de-flead on friday, she had the runs on saturday, ranula on sunday and monday, she chilled on tuesday!'
Im sorry for that, i think i need help!
Anyway, the PDSA.
The vet asked how old is Ruby. She will be 2 in september, so thats what i said. He then launched into how everyone always says that, they can't give the proper age, so she's not 2 then!!!! Sam and i just looked at each other in amazement. Its far easier to give a rough idea than trying to figure out what month it is now, and trying to calculate exactly how many months she is, especially with my brain at the mo.
Mr Vet did redeem himself tho, he turned out to be quite nice, obviously the 'age thing' was just an observation of his.
So she's been given anti inflammatories and antibiotics as she had a temperature.
The sad thing.....when we were leaving at 11.15pm, another emergency came in. A staffy type dog who was fitting, and had been for 4 hours!!! Only just arrived to the PDSA, and apparently the owner was gonna walk the dog to the vets to save on a taxi fare. I don't know the full story. Maybe the doggie had been given meds at home, i don't know, but i found it all very distressing. The doggie was unaware of the fit, luckily, but it did look nasty. I don't know how anyone can work with animals, it would kill me!
Cos of all the excitement last night, i had a late night having dozed off about 12 and then not being able to go off again until 2.30, and the doggies sleeping on my bed as a treat (as a special, one-off treat as Ruby was being pathetic), and the 2 of them fidgeting all night! Never again.
Its lucky I'm a lady of leisure and don't have to do anything strenuous today. I do however have the rat people with a camera round this morning, and I'm taking Miss Linzi out for lunch.
I better go get myself a coffee. I am really in need of one this morning.
Ratty's been! No camera inserted, they're gonna do it later in the week!
However......... he's told me, they're gonna do the camera thing, put more bait, and then they're gonna block the drain!!! Apparently they have a device that acts like a valve, it lets the drain, drain away but won't allow anything back into the drain. They use them a lot for flooding. Magnificent! Perfecto! First class!
Why the flip have they not used it before?
Cos its owned by Wessex Water and it means they have to come and maintain it annually!!! As opposed to sending someone every week for months to put bait down, and employing Rokil! Its not rocket science, is it?
Do i see a light at the end of the tunnel, or dare i say, light at the end of the drain?
So off on my mission of goodliness. I picked up miss Linzi and took her to a garden centre for a cheese and onion toastie. It was nice, but I'm sure it was nicer than i tasted. Had a nice drink of J2O, orange and passion fruit in a nice hot glass! I asked for a cold glass but was directed to the ice bucket! Eventually the lady on the till got what i meant and gave me a cold glass, but it was touch and go!
A quick stop at Sainsburys to get some provisions for a spag bol this evening, Chris stylee, (with lardons, carrot, cream etc, very tasty) only to find Sam had got meatballs pasta and sauce, so spag bol tomorrow or wednesday.
Whilst at Chris's house yesterday, he introduced me to more decadence. So as i seemed 'drawn' towards the Gu counter............. it seemed rude not to.
Hes not helping much is he? They're so buttery and creamy. A bit of raspberry couli would be nice too. Gu has always been a favourite in our house, for many years, but now they're branching out in every direction, it makes life difficult for a fatty!
Well since I've been home, I've slept and slept and slept! Yesterday must have taken it out of me, and last nights 'doze off' didn't help much. I felt like id been drugged. But i doubt anyone would be Rohypnolling me in my current situation!
Anyway, tonight is the night for a bit of relaxation in front of the TV so I'm gonna put my feet up and hope i stay awake until bedtime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment