Thursday 24 July 2014

24.7.14

Thats more like it!! Stuff to write about.
Mr Rat visited this morning with tales of his 38 week pregnant girlfriend who's struggling in this heat. I must say i feel her pain!
The bait has been ignored. They've either not called in this week, or they're on a diet. I think, dare i say it, I'm rat free! How long will this state of abandon last? Lets hope its forever and ever amen.
If not, i will demand a one way valve in my back passage.
Stop making up your own jokes! I meant under my man hole cover in the garden, my drains.
Nextly, (i don't know if thats a word, but i like it all the same) i decided i was gonna do something this morning before it got too hot and i was unable to move away from the fan.
So armed with a hand saw i lopped off about 4 branches, smallish ones, from a conifer whose bottom branches are dead. I have left them in a pile in the hope the garden fairy will come and remove them for me. There was determined talk of me getting the hedge trimmer out and whipping round the garden. I think when that chore is fulfilled, the garden will be a lot bigger! As long as the garden fairy has been round of course.
Needless to say, i stopped at the 4 branches. 1. it was too hot, and 2. i haven't got enough energy at the mo.
Maybe a bit more tomorrow, if the temperature goes down a bit.
How on earth does anyone do anything in this heat?
So back on with my scintillating blog stories!
I heard it coming!!! I grabbed my phone and pumped in the code. The camera was engaged and i ran into the garden. Yes i really did run!
As i scoured the skies looking for the thunderous noise maker.
There it is. A Red Arrow. Performing specially for me. I was there in time, i was ready prepped, i could almost reach up and touch it, it was so close. So how come i can only get a photo of it about 20 miles away? Its marginally better than the photo of the buzzard the other day i suppose. 
Second chance a few hours later. You'd think he'd have slowed down for me. 
I love living where i do. Seeing airplanes flying over. I can just hear the engines in the morning if the winds in the right direction.
Had the lovely Kerrie round for tea. Salmon, salad and new potatoes. Very enjoyable. Lovely girlie evening. 
I am now ready for the now normal cold bath before bed. 
Asta la vista baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment