Wednesday 16 July 2014

16.7.14

Feel like I've awoken after running a marathon and getting gold for it. In reality thats never gonna happen, but its nice to experience the feeling!
So today is a chill day - no change there then. I have cooked mushroom onion and garlic pasta, which was very nice. I say it was very nice, it filled a hole, a very large steroid induced hole. My taste buds didn't really come back after chemo 11. I would like them to come back by tomorrow cos my oldest boy Chris is round and he's bringing his legendary lasagne. But i can whistle in the wind for that request.
I have telephoned my cardiologists secretary and asked whats the next step. I had a CTPA which was to check if id had pulmonary embolisms which then caused my heart problem, and that was about 2 and a half weeks ago. I was told before that not to do anything strenuous until all tests were done and negative! Apparently he hasn't had the results yet!!! I know the results, it was negative. My haematologist told me! But the heart consultant, who ordered the test doesn't know! Never fails to amaze me how hospitals manage, or don't, to communicate.
Thats my excitement for the day.
The rest of the day will be spent relaxing, maybe a potter round the garden, maybe some sexy half naked man will appear and feed me peeled grapes whilst fanning me with a vine leaf, hopefully not the same one he has strategically placed over his nether regions. Im not up to that much excitement yet.
Dr Jack rang me and apologised for not seeing me yesterday, he was busy!!! Lame excuse. He said he felt awful and i said, so he should! Im seeing him next after my PET scan in august. Im away that weekend so i won't see him till the monday. I will ring him on the friday for my scan results tho and hope to god its clear. Dr Jack seems confident it will be. I told him Dr Carpenter hadn't got the results on the CT scan, so he said he'd send a copy over to him.
Dr Carpenter rang me and apologised for not getting back to me sooner but he hadn't seen the results until Dr Jack emailed them to him this afternoon! He says he wants to wait and see how i am after i recover from the chemo and hope that sorts the shortness of breath out. I may be able to stop all the tablets if I'm a good girl. Another ultra sound of my heart next time i see him, and see how its doing. If i remember rightly, we had a lot of fun during the last ultra sound! So i have no doubt ill see him in a month or so, maybe more. He's gonna look over all the test results and have a think about things, but he's leaning towards the heart damage being due to the chemo.
Either way, its all looking good.
And the lovely Kerrie visited me tonight armed with a bunch of lovely sunflowers and a card with some lovely words. I will put a photo of them on here tomorrow as its getting a bit late.
Now i have a wednesday night dilemma. Do i watch Big Brother or The only way is Essex?
Decisions, decisions.
No doubt ill sleep through whichever i watch, so  i shouldn't worry to much about it!
Night night all!


No comments:

Post a Comment