Wednesday 23 July 2014

23.7.14

You don't know how good it is to finish chemo. But, surprisingly there are some negatives!
Not only do i have to lose some ugly fat put on by the steroids, but i have hairs growing in places i don't want them growing!
The fluff you have on your face normally. It is returning. The hairs inside my nose are returning. Leg, underarm, arm, fanjita (my own special name for a lady garden). Its all returning. But worse than that. Far, far worse. Chin hair!
What a busy day I've had.
Marion came round to see me before her holiday to Lake Como on friday. Mr BT called round to try and sort out why the sports channel wasn't working properly. Of course they've told me they won't charge me for the honour of an engineer visiting!!! Good, cos id hate to have to stop paying my monthly bill to them.
I then visited Mr Sainsbury for some ice lollies and cold drinks. Well it gets me out of the house!
It was nice to glide up and down the freezer compartments and not feel like I'm melting.
Dottie and Ruby have also been suffering with the heat. Sam, the resident entrepreneur has invented a cold cap for dogs. A wet flannel left in the freezer for half an hour which is strategically placed on each dog.

Dottie wasn't too happy about it, but Ruby has got into character. Having seen the Queen visiting Prince George yesterday, she thinks she's a look-a-likey. She keeps saying, 'we are not amused,' and 'orf with her head!'
I knew there was something funny to tell you........
Whilst cold capping the doggies, Sam put the flannel on his head. I asked if he could feel the cold on his head. He said yes he could, and told me to try it and handed me the flannel.
You'll never guess what i said...........
'I don't want to mess my hair up!!!'
I had gone back in time to when i had hair that was blow dried and straightened or curled.  How crazy is that??? Will i ever be normal again?
I think there may be good news on the tastebud horizon. Im eating pineapple and its tasting really sweet. 
And tomorrow i may paint my nails!
Life is sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment