Tuesday 15 July 2014

15.7.14

Part 1
Todays the day!!! Its here. Im so elated I've written a pome! I meant to spell it like that incidentally. Pome is better than poem.

RIP Hodgkins Lymphoma - 7.1.14 - 15.7.14

Its here! Its here! Im feeling rather queer
Number 12 has appeared and its made me feel quite weird
I never thought this day would come
At times its made me feel quite glum
Most of the time ive ridden the storm and It has been said ive been on form
Fun and laughter, we’ve had a blast, but always hoping it goes quite fast
There have been times we've laughed and screamed
But this moment, this time, is what we’ve dreamed
Lindas been there all the way through
She's made me sarnies and a brew
She's rubbed my feet, and she's always there
For gods sake, she even removed my hair!
My angel, my rock, my soulmate, my friend
The chemo may finish but our bond won't end
My boys have been good to me with prezzies and wit, they've brightened me up when I'm feeling like sh*t. 
I didnt think they'd let me wallow in self pity, ‘so you're feeling rough, tough titty!’
Jenni's been sweet, she cut off her hair, for Cancer Research cos she really does care 
To make a wig for a child who's not well, she has a warm heart, i'm sure you can tell
Lyns been a gem walking the dogs each day for me, more cos I'm tired than just plain lazy
And Linzi with chemo gifts, the little poppet, cos the chemos over, i hope she don't ‘stop it’
Theres been others who've supported, you know who you are, for your constant support id like to say ta
But today is the day i say goodbye 
And i wont be sorry, i tell you for why
The needles, the drugs, the poisons are all done, i can go back to my life of laughter and fun
The scans and blood tests will still be around, every 3 months, and hope nothings found
But the 12 treatments are done, so sod off out of my pelvis so i can sing and dance again like Elvis!
Ive looked forward to the time when i finish this hell, when number 12 is over and i can ring that bell.
But i must say thanks to all the staff who've made it ‘pleasant’ and who've had a laugh
They are marvellous, each one a gem, and obviously i couldn't do it without them
Dr Jack’s always there on the end of the phone for the moments when i needed a moan
Hes listened and explained and examined and joked, better than being prodded and poked
I really cant tell you how I'm feeling today, elated and emotional will go some way
But just take a moment to think of the plight, of those people who continue to fight
Lets hope theres a cure just around the bend to help all these people to heal and to mend






No comments:

Post a Comment