Monday 14 July 2014

14.7.14

Today is last pre chemo bloods. This is Kelly my phlebotomist for the last 6 months. Im sure i'll see her again for my post chemo bloods.
It was strange going for my bloods alone. Lindas always been there with me and we've always gone for lunch after. It seems like only yesterday we sat in my chemo room and made a list of all the restaurants and cafes that we wanted to visit on 'Blood Mondays'. I don't know if we visited all that was on the list, but I'm so happy to know there are no more blood mondays (hopefully, fingers crossed and all that!).

So tomorrow is nearly here. The last chemo. I never thought it would arrive. But its here.

The lovely and talented Cupcake Jane has made me these beauties to take to the hospital tomorrow to say thanks to all the girls. And if Dr Jack smiles nicely, he might get one too.
But back to tonight. Im watching TV, Long Lost Family. One of my Rock Choir friends, Ann, is featured on there tonight.
These type of programmes i always find emotional being that I'm adopted myself. I traced my mother and was in her life for 2 years approx and then the guilt got the better of her and she didn't want to know anymore.
Watching Anns story...... i feel her pain. 41 years of guilt and pain. Colins very lucky to have a birth mother thats so warm and loving, and she's lucky that he seems a well adjusted, warm, family man. I feel quite envious and wish Ann  could have been my birth mother.
A birth cousin and aunt are aware that I've been having chemo, I wonder if they ever told my 'mother'? I doubt it. If she knew, she wouldn't want to rush to my side as a normal mother would.
This is a photo of my mother and her sisters, some of them anyway. She was one of 11 children, 4 boys, 7 girls and she was the middle child. She's the 3rd from the right. She made all the bridesmaid dresses, she is a seamstress. A skill i don't have!!! I have a skill she doesn't have, the skill of being a mother. I wonder what other differences we have?
Anyway, an early night for me, after watching Big Brother of course! 
See you on Final Chemo Day.


No comments:

Post a Comment