Wednesday 2 July 2014

2.7.14

Woke feeling fuzzy but fine.
Going down the stairs first day post chemo is not good. Im very wobbly. I have to hold onto the bannister. But that soon goes off. By 11 i was hopping and skipping down the stairs! I exaggerate a little there.
I had some retail therapy today, can you believe that?
I went to Lakeland to buy some storage stuff. I need some shelf units to go in my kitchen cupboards to give me more space. So I've been sorting cupboards. Who'd have thought - pumped with poison one day (Dr Jacks exact words), and organisation the following day.

I need to revisit Lakeland for another shelf unit! I can't wait - why am i so impatient? Is it the OCD?
Ive become aware just lately that my OCD is worse than i thought. Not in any serious way, it doesn't affect my relationships or my life, and not as bad as others.
I remember shopping in M&S a few years ago, i bought a few clothes items and at the till i asked if she minded if i took the stuff out of the bag and refold them. She was mortified! So in front of her i refolded the items, properly. I told her i hated getting things home and they're all creased before i've even taken them out of the bag!
In fact, i said a similar thing to Linda at chemo on tuesday. She went to fold my cardy. She held it from the top centre so it hung down and then folded it in half. See, she's not perfect, very nearly, but not 100%. But i will forgive her because it is my issue, not hers! I wonder if she'll forgive me?
I took it off her and folded it properly. You take the top of the sleeves and put them together, fold the sleeves over the body, and when its flat, you fold it in half. Et voila! Neat and no creases.
OMG - i got it bad!
So bad that i think OMG should be GMO - alphabetical order.
OCD should be CDO - alphabetical!!!
Maybe thats why i haven't seen Linda today. She's refolding her wardrobe.
I don't like sticky fingers either!
I like storage. I like neatness. I like having boxes for everything, and everything has a box.
Im booked in for a frontal lobotomy very soon.
Talking about bookings, i had a call from the PET scan department today.
'We'd like to book you in for a PET scan.'
Dr Jack had spoken to me on tuesday about my post chemo PET. 6 Weeks after my last chemo.
'How about tomorrow afternoon? Can you make that? Don't worry if you can't, we have other appointments.'
I pointed out it was sposed to be in august. Lucky i was on the ball.
MY POST CHEMO PET SCAN IS BOOKED!!!!!!
This is the scan that says the cancer has all gone, or its still there. Shall i start pooping now?



2 comments:

  1. We're thinking of you Jill, hope the scan give you a reason to party! Fingers crossed,
    Hugs from the Netherlands, Wim & Hanny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hanny. The scan was negative to lung clots, so thats good. Still have the problem with the heart that they don't understand. Another test soon, I'm sure. I won't be partying yet, too tired! But after the 15th, last chemo, and some time to recover, i shall be doing my best to party. Hope you're both well. xxx

    ReplyDelete