Saturday 19 July 2014

19.7.14

Oh my! Thunderstorms galore.
This is a photo from my bathroom window at about 1am. It was pitch black outside and i took this during a flash of lightening. Its not as exciting as i would like a lightening flash photo to be, but it gives you an idea!

Well it chucked it down. The dogs came up on the bed with me and we all three, nearly jumped out of our skins on a couple of occasions. And was it loud? It must have been overhead for quite a while. 
So i didn't get to sleep until late. Needless to say, I'm tired again today. Again, not a problem cos i can relax, again!!!!
Had a doze and ready for action.
Jenni and her mum Linda are coming to get me at 5.15 for a choir rehearsal. I won't be partaking in the concert tomorrow, just the rehearsal for fun. Were singing 'Bring him home' from Les Mis. A beautiful song that we did in a workshop a couple months ago. Back in the day when i had less hair, but less weight. Maybe its the extra hair thats making me heavier????? If only.
Right now i feel soooo uncomfortably bloated. Only half a tablet of dexamethasone left to take tomorrow morning if i feel ok. The sooner i stop them the better. Then thats it............full time recovery. Oh god that makes me feel so emotional all of a sudden.
I shall now attempt to make myself look acceptable to meet people. It could take a while. 
Ill be back later to let you know how rehearsal goes.
Oh it was lovely. Such a beautiful song. Just a shame I'm not up to singing it at the concert tomorrow, but i think it would be a long hot day and far too much for me. Ive realised how much my treatment has affected me. I don't remember the words etc as easily as before.
It was flipping lovely seeing Jenni and Linda. Haven't seen them for ages. They both brought me a lovely 'finished your chemo' card with a lovely message. Both lovely cards, but the one from Jenni was amazing. A 3D one. Isn't it smashing - i like that word, smashing! The photo doesn't do it justice, not being a 3D photo and all that!!!
The other nice bit of the evening was seeing lots of people i haven't seen for ages. Steve and Jo amongst others. And of course Ann and Geoff. Had a nice hug.
So I'm home again, had tagliatelle with cheese and onion which was amazing. Im stuffed, but wishing i could eat it all again. But luckily all the cheese and pasta is gone so i can't be tempted. 
Thank goodness, last steroid tomorrow morning, and only half a tablet at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment