Thursday 5 June 2014

5.6.14

If you shake me i'll rattle. 6 tablets this morning. But i don't mind cos I'm feeling fairly good, a little dizzy if i move too quickly, but i class that as fairly good.
I had some lovely gifts yesterday when i got home from the hospital.
Linzi again gave me some chockies (don't tell my haematologist!) a book marker and a fridge magnet saying 'friends are like fancy chocolates, its whats inside that's special'. She's a sweetie. My little supportive angel. Its nice to have a special friend like her.

And these flowers, balloon (its sticking out above the flowers and just out of shot!), chockies (sorry Dr Jack, I'll eat them slowly!) a scented candle and some butterfly sticks to put in flowers or plants, were from my old friend Rochelle. I met Rocky when we were about 16 and lost contact after a few years. I tried looking for her on FB but she's not on there! But i found her again through a relatively new friend who lives in Israel, Sara. I mentioned to Sara that i new this person, Rochelle, many years ago and Sara squealed, 'I went to school with her, she's one of my best friends.' So Rocky and i are back in contact, and look at the lovely gift she's sent me. Bless her heart, she has her own health problems that she's dealing with admirably. Looking forward to seeing her soon.


Just had my appointment with the cardiologist. He showed me the scan and pointed out an area where the thickened wall of my left ventricle is thin. He says it looks like scar tissue. In fact he said it looked like id had a heart attack, but i replied with, i think id have known! He agreed. So it may be when i had a chest infection and was admitted to hospital a couple of months ago. It may have caused some inflammation and hence scar tissue. The thing that needs to be ruled out is coronary heart disease. Its everyones opinion this is not caused by the chemo, but maybe the chemo exacerbated it.
So......
I have been referred to an interventional cardiologist, appointment tomorrow morning, with another appointment next thursday for a coronary angiogram just to make sure i haven't got coronary artery disease. If i have they'll stick a stent in then and there. But hoping its not that.
It never rains but it pours! 
So i rang Dr Jack and hes shocked and surprised and said he thinks I've had enough to worry about without all this on top. 
My big worry is this. Do i fancy Dr C the cardiologist, more than Dr Jack? And will i fancy Dr Talwar tomorrow? Or should i leave them all well alone. I think they're all married!
You may be wondering why i call the cardiologist Dr C. If you've read all my recent blogs you will know its cos he embarrassed himself, bless him. He said something that no man should say to a woman, least of all a woman on steroids who is somewhat bloated! We did have a giggle about it tho. But i feel out of loyalty i shouldn't mention his name.
This evening however, he has excelled himself. I wore a scarf for my appointment and the room was very hot so i took the scarf off and he told me i looked nicer without the scarf. Sweet talker!
So thats all my news for today. Not good news, but hopefully not bad news either. Roll on thursday where i will get to find out what my problem is! 

No comments:

Post a Comment