Thursday 26 June 2014

26.6.14

20 days to my last chemo!!!
Well i started the day well being all positive about only having 2 more chemos and 20 days left, but I've visited the cardiologist, Dr C, who is really quite cute, although far too young for me, and more than likely happily married and with small children. But a girl can dream.
But before that, i had a visit from Sarah who came armed with flowers and cakeys of the turkish variety. They were yummy in a honey and nut way.
It was lovely to see her. We gossiped and laughed whilst guzzling the cakes. The dogs were enraptured with her, and even more so with the cakes. Dot sat on guard waiting for us to leave the cakes unattended. Unfortunately that never happened, although they nearly managed to escape the plate and land on the floor, but Dot wasn't quick enough!
The flowers are gorgeous and look so nice in my flowery jug!
Nextly i visited a little lady who I've known for years in her new care home. She commented that i seemed happier and brighter than last time, and I'm sure she's right. She's settling in well to her new home, regardless of the fact that she's blind and can't find her way round her small room, bless her heart. Ive given her some tips on the room layout so maybe next time she may have explored and be getting a little more exercise. 
I did have something funny to report... but I've forgotten it!!!
I changed my bed. Ive washed all the sheets etc, but its raining now and so its like a chinese laundry here. Of course, my tumbler  broke down the other day and has been dispatched to the tip.
So...... Hodgkins lymphoma, heart damage, and a broken tumbler! Can life get any worse?
Then my visit to my sweet heart (cardiologist!). I was expecting answers. I wanted answers! 
I picked Linda up from her house and after a half hour conversation about Towie with her daughter, we left for the hospital. 
It amazes me the cardio respiratory department is up some stairs, along a corridor, up another flight and then a steep ramp in to the department. The lift is available for the different floors, but the ramp is an obstacle that ALL heart/lung patients have to attempt. I almost expect to find a small graveyard at the top of the ramp. 
The lovely Dr C. He popped his head round the door and called me and Linda through.
He was happy to confirm my coronary arteries were in good nick. Asked me more questions, and the three of us sat there trying to work out 'whodunnit'. 
He did my 'obs', BP and pulse, and strangely he used his phone to make a 'beating rhythmic' sound whilst he did my pulse. Ive never heard of that before. 
It was so hot in the hospital, and Dr C had an air-conditioning unit running. However the hose was too thick to fit through the barely openable window. The hospital are wary of people falling out of windows so they only open about 2 inches. Must be a problem in the bulimia ward!! 
To allow more air to circulate, he opened all the blinds.
So he asked to listen to my chest!!! 
'Are you ok with the blinds open?' he asked, meaning somebody may be looking out of a window and see me being examined. 
My reply. 'Oh give them a treat!' It did tickle me and i think Dr C too.
Well the outcome of the meeting is this....
It could be a heart attack, but the damage is in the wrong place.  It should be in the middle of the wall and not on the inside.
It could be myocarditis. Inflammation of the heart muscle usually caused by a virus.
Or, it could be due to pulmonary embolisms. He thinks this is unlikely but is thinking of further investigations. Id rather be left alone, but if i need it, i need it. More cannulas, more invasions. He's gonna talk to Dr Jack tomorrow and see what he thinks.
He said normally it all makes sense and he can see what the cause and treatment is, but in my case, no!
I am a medical mystery.
I think the best option is the myocarditis. It means the damage is done and its over. But we don't want any clots floating round my body on a regular basis and possible stopping in my lungs, heart or brain. The problem is the shortness of breath which could mean the embolisms could be the issue, but it could also be just down to the chemo.  Oh fiddly diddly dee!!
Im gonna go now, cos I'm starting to bore myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment