Saturday 28 June 2014

28.6.14

Another lovely day.
Im thinking of starting every blog like this, its getting to be a habit!
Look at this little beauty. The man 2 doors down has lots of different colour poppies in his garden. They look stupendous. Colourful heads bobbing up and down in the breeze.
Well they've obviously self seeded along our road and i have one in the front garden and a couple by a tree in the street outside my house. I shall be waiting for some seed heads to harvest and cultivate.

Went to visit Chris today. On the way there i listened to Heart on the radio and it was the golden year.
Sugar baby love by the rubettes, Summer breeze by the Isley Brothers, Laughter in the rain by Neil Sedaka, Judy Teen by Steve Harley, He's Misstra Know it all by the wonderful Stevie Wonder, WOLD Harry Chapin, Don't let the sun go down on me by Elton. It was lovely. My era! Each song that played, i got excited and tried to guess what the year was, and tried to remember things that i did back then.
I remembered some clothes that i bought from Chelsea Girl. I always tried to buy something a bit different to all the others.  I thought i was the bees knees.
My first hair cut. It looked so nice.
The discos that i went to., and danced the night away. Obviously ensuring i was home by 11!
Sunbathing at the beach. A no-no now. I had a glittery lime green cut out cozzy. Don't think it would fit today!
Doesn't time fly?
Oh it was such good fun listening to the golden hour.
But why is it that just when the time comes where they tell you the correct year, you lose signal and the radio gets all crackly!! I missed the result!!!
I spent all day trying to figure it out. Chris hasn't got internet in his new house yet, so i couldn't even google it.
So, I've just got in, unpacked, etc and now is the time to check my pop knowledge. I guessed at 1976, but changed it to 1975 as the hour passed. Im not gonna tell you till the end of todays blog. I wonder if you're trying to guess it now?
The other thing on the way to Chris's...... i came across 6 magpies on a roundabout.
1 for sorrow
2 for joy
3 for a girl
4 for a boy
5 for silver
6 for gold
Does this mean I'm gonna be wealthy? Should i buy a lottery ticket?
I went a bit further round and there was another one.
Does that count as 7 magpies?
7 for a secret never to be told.
Oh no. Does this mean someones keeping a secret from me? Or will i find out a secret and have to keep it that way?
Anyway i arrived at Chris's house and he was in the barn tidying up. He'd been there 4 hours already (it was about 11) and its starting to take shape. He has to be careful where he puts things cos theres a couple of swallows nests with lots of babies pooping over the edge!
The field has been cut by the farmer for hay but theres a corner area with long grass that Dot and Ruby took a liking to. All i could here was Ruby snorting. She came out covered in green grass seeds. She looked like a pistachio covered belgian magnum ice cream!
This is the grassy corner. The girls went mental in it. What fun they had.

They're both absolutely shattered now, as am i!!!
A chinese takeaway for dinner and i managed to escape and drive home.
So without more a do, i shall bid thee farewell.
Oops i nearly forgot. It was 1974! I was wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment