Wednesday 18 June 2014

18.6.14

Number 10 - have it in your pie hole!
And i think 27 more days to the finish line.
Well I'm here. Sat in my chair, cannulated, waiting for 'ready, set, go!'
My drugs aren't in the hospital yet!!
Apparently the couriers fault.
Just had a nice pharmacist come to see me to apologise for the delay! Bless him, he stuttered a bit! It's the effect I have on men!
The only thing keeping me smiling is the fact that Linda and I are googling mini cruises. I say mini cruises..... Linda has advanced to round the world cruises now. A little out of our budget, but I'm sure if we downgrade to an outside stateroom with balcony we'll be able to afford it!
So the drugs arrived after being sent to Bournemouth hospital to be turned from powder to liquid. It can only be done aseptically in a pharmacy lab and the Poole lab is being built/refurbbed or something.
Id already been given the V out of ABVD, and the premeds. So the well travelled, specially prepped med is given and the A and B. They check the D and its out of time. The drugs are so potent that they have to be made that day and given within a certain time scale, within hours. Out of time cos we've had to wait so long.
My lovely nurse, Jo, almost threatened the pharmacist to get the head pharmacist out of a meeting, as he/she had the authority to say use it or not, and eventually i was given the 'stale' drugs.
Otherwise it was uneventful. I managed to doze for 45 mins whilst Linda rubbed my feet. What can i say that i haven't said before about her. I need to make up a new word to describe her. A new title. My bag of gold treasure! Would she mind if i called her the old bag, do ya think?
Jo was lovely, full of fun. She said she wants to do my final chemo. Thats nice of her to say, but i can't help but think its cos she wants to make sure she sees the back of me! Make sure i ring the 'I've finished' bell. It rang for someone else today. It really makes you feel good when you hear someone else's bell ringing. Imagine when i ring my own!!!!
Im home, and I'm feeling fairly good.
Lounging on the bed with the dogs guarding me! Watching lots of stuff that I've 'recorded'.
Just had some toast. On strict instructions healthy eating starts tomorrow. No cakey or bickies. Hopefully on the road to recovery.....already.
Happy days.
Hopefully happy nights too!!! Nighty night.



No comments:

Post a Comment