Tuesday 3 June 2014

3.6.14

The news on the TV is that there are 2 viruses, computer viruses. GOZeus and Cryptolocker. If you click on a link your computer will be taken over by a robot and it won't work properly. It monitors your data and uses it, i.e. bank details. You may find you 'spend' more money as its taken from your accounts.
OMG. I haven't had lymphoma, I've had GOZeus and Cryptolocker.
Im sure I've been taken over by a robot. My brain isn't working like it did before. Even Sam will tell you that. How did he put it?
'You irritate me when you say stupid things, and you say far more stupid things since you've had chemo!'
Its not chemo, its GOZeus!
My bank account has been getting lower. I blamed it on Statutory Sick Pay, but maybe its a pesky robot!
And i certainly don't work properly at the mo!
As an example, it just took me about 5 goes at spelling Statutory, and spellings always been my thing. Even for this sentence i got it wrong, and i was just copying it from above.
I need to be kept updated on a regular basis and keep on top of my antivirus protection.
So I'm hoping my friends will be 'updating' me on what they're up to every day, and I'm off to get some anti biotics to protect me from viruses!
Another strange thing I've noticed on TV....
Lorraine Kelly has started wearing high cut tops!!!
She always gets her boobies out, but now....... nothing. And those high cut tops don't suit her.


See the difference? Its so out of character for her. It was difficult to find a photo of her with a high cut top. There was about 30 low cut photos to every 1 high cut photo.
Never did i think id be putting photos of Lorraine Kelly on my blog! I blame the robot!
MRI. Oh what fun. The lovely Christine took me to the hospital. I got there in plenty of time and chatted with the others in the waiting room. The one whose hubby had been called through an hour and half before, and the one who's hubby had been called through hour and twenty minutes before and he was still sat in a gown in the next waiting room where the wife couldn't go. Absence makes the heart grow fonder apparently!
Then Linda arrived. Before i even went through to waiting room number 2. She rushed to get there cos she wanted me to know she was outside waiting for me! My own angel.
We could hear the scanners (theres 4 of them!) beeping and going, then suddenly, this loud regular beeping. The fire doors closed at the same time. All the staff walked around looking confused, but happy and smiling. 
Then a woman in blue, said, 'We're evacuating. You have to leave. Down to the left and out of the cafeteria doors.'
So we all traipsed to the cafeteria outdoor dining experience. 
I must say i was very tempted to go home and to say when asked, nobody told me where to go, and when to go back in doors.
Sat down and we were all ushered back in again.
'Its ok, it was just a drill. You can go back to your department.'
Got back to the MRI dept and the corridor was filled with smoke! These drills are so lifelike these days!
Apparently a kitchen fire.
Sat back down, although a different seat. One of the other patients had nicked my seat!
Then i was called in to waiting room number 2. Strangely enough Linda was allowed to come with me, the other 2 ladies had to wait outside for their hubbies.
I was given a strait jacket, sorry i mean a gown, and after sitting looking damned attractive in a grey gown and a colourful scarf on my head, i was taken into the electric chair, sorry i mean scan suite!
Cannula number 146 (thats what it feels like these days) was inserted by Jane, and i was laid out onto the table. Instructions given, i was inserted into the long tube, not the longest scanner, but long enough! I opened my eyes and realised how close the tube was to my face. I felt a bit dizzy and claustrophobic, so before Jane left the suite, i called her back. I told her i was panicking so she drew me back out and i got my breath before i was catapulted back in, eyes tightly shut.
I was fine then. Fines not quite the right word, but it will do for now. 
There was a constant noise which i thought was the radio to start with. A 'boom chick, boom chick' the whole time i was in the scanner. A bit like background music.
The beeping and clanging then commenced and in between i had a bit of Buble and Robbie Williams, and the constant instruction of, 'Breath in, breath out and hold. Breath normally.' Sometimes having to hold for quite a while which isn't easy for someone short of breath.
After what seemed like a lifetime, Jane returned and dragged me back out of my rabbit warren.
The dye was injected slowly so as to not make me feel a bit queer, and then i was tucked back in like a sausage in a roll.
More clanging, beeping, breath holding, easy listening songs, boom chicking for about 10 mins and Jane, my knight in shining armour, came to my rescue and set me free.
Cannula removed, gown thrown in the corner of the changing room and time to escape.
Hot footed it over to the Harbour Hospital in time for a hot chocolate before my pre chemo bloods.
Both feeling mighty hungry, Linda and I visited the golf course at Bear Wood and wolfed down a baguette and lime and lemonade.
A stressful day over and done with before a stressful day tomorrow.
Im now relaxing with the girls. 
Tune in tomorrow for more unusual observations!

No comments:

Post a Comment