Sunday 9 February 2014

9.2.14

Good sunny morning to you.
Still very windy, it blew a hoolie all night. But its not raining......at the moment anyway.
Decided this fine day to take the dogs for a walk before languishing in a hot bath. I found my mud splattered, dog walking clothes that id hidden in the wardrobe whilst the boyfriend was visiting, and stood in the patch of sunlight that shone through my window, enjoying the warmth on my skin. The sun reflected off the mirrored wardrobe doors giving me a double whammy of 'summer feeling'.
Oh holy mother of Mary! I hadn't noticed before now. A huge tarantula stood there in pink underwear, staring at me, open mouthed, shocked and disgusted. The hairs on her legs sticking out menacingly, like a cactus. The sun dancing on the hairs provocatively, shouting 'its summer, get your kit off!' Then i realised, this was no tarantula, it was me.
I have been told I'm not to have any hair removal treatments whilst having chemo. Ripping hairs out of my pores potentially leaves me open to bacteria which could make me ill whilst i have very few, if any, white cells to fight for me. My only option is to shave, or wait for the chemo to kick in and kill my hair follicles and hope they kill the ones on my legs, bikini line and underarm.
I could wait forever for the chemo to do its best on them, and shaving will leave me feeling like Desperate Dans chin. I think i shall leave well alone and wear leggings!



No comments:

Post a Comment