Sunday 2 February 2014

2.2.14

I thought of something funny just now!
Im sposed to be a bright intelligent person!! But how many times do i see a magpie and salute it? Ive even got to the point where i try to do it so no one notices what I'm doing. A little flick of the hand as i look furtively around to check no one's seen. Thats more for the benefit of my sons, and the oldest in particular. If I'm driving and i salute a magpie, Chris slowly turns to look at me as if i have escaped from the nearest nuthouse. The look on his face can make me wish the ground would open up. For goodness sake - he is the person he is cos i taught him, and yet he looks down on me as if he is my father. Ive changed his nappies - yet i feel like a silly little schoolgirl giggling over a boy.
Well, as i was saying, i thought of something funny. I was walking the dogs the other day and i saw a magpie. I searched around the area looking for magpie number 2. They always come in 2's. If i only see one, theres a frantic dash round to find its partner. Cos we all know what one magpie means?
One for sorrow
Two for joy
Three for a girl and
Four for a boy.
If i only see one, its trouble. I will spend the next 20 mins wondering what beholds my fate. I only worry for 20 mins cos by that time I've forgotten and move onto the next exciting thought to enter my head. My concentration span is not what it used to be.
I clock number 2. Hallelujah. I check to see theres nobody around, and i salute both of the black and white crows. My work is done. I can relax and enjoy my walk safe in the knowledge - Ive seen 2 magpies!
I do enjoy my dog walks. I get to think about things in a relaxed fashion. My cogs whirr whilst i walk and i sort out some of the issues in my head. Like the indigestion i have. Maybe i should mention it to the doctor next time i see him, or my back ache, which seems to be better at the mo. The fact that i feel bloated, which is so uncomfortable.
I walk from the woods up to the large green field where the dogs usually run manically. More magpies. Again i start to count. I have to go through the rigmarole every time i see one of the blighters. One for sorrow, two for joy, three for a girl and four for a boy.
Oh holy mother of Mary. I don't have lymphoma, I'm pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment