Monday 3 February 2014

3.2.14

I really feel i have to tell you what sort of a weekend I've had. Its not gonna be pretty. Make yourself a cup of tea and pull up a chair.
Constipation.  I didn't wanna talk about it. I thought i could ignore it on my blog. But if I'm gonna be honest, i have to go there!
I was hoping by last friday i would have recovered from the chemo enough to carry on with my life until the next lot, due on the 11th feb. However, the constipation fairy must have been on holiday cos she wasn't here to help me.
I noticed that i was going 'that way' and tried to take steps towards damage limitation. The steps had an effect, but not a good enough effect. I felt myself getting more and more bloated as the days went on. It was as if someone had turned off my digestive system. Its given me an awful headache which has also led to my teeth aching.
It seems this is a regular visitor to people going through chemo. I wish i had been made more aware. It was mentioned when i had chemo, but in a way that suggested its a possibility, along with nausea, vomiting, headaches, feeling exhausted, hair loss, anaemia, skin and nail changes, memory loss, etc etc etc
Ive tried to do my bit. Drinking lots of water, eating veg, and trying to be as mobile as possible. But to no avail. I have still succumbed to the bowel devil.
So last night, OMG. I hit very hard rock bottom (do you see what i did there?). Not having visited the smallest room for at least 24 hours, i found myself feeling nauseous, my head was banging, and i didn't know what to do with myself. I took myself to bed, intermittently putting a hot water bottle on my tummy and then taking it off again cos it made me feel worse. I was up and down to the loo, not to sit on, but to hang over. Maybe if i was sick id feel better. But i couldn't even do that. I eventually fell asleep and woke at 2am. Feeling a fair bit better, but wide awake.
Today I and my constant antagonist, Mr Headache, have visited the GP. She has given me some 'stuff' to help. I have taken the stuff and now await its result.
I do apologise for this topic of conversation, and i hope you have already had your breakfast.
I have had a couple of ginger biscuits for my breakfast cos I'm petrified of that full bloated feeling that I've had since last monday. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment