Wednesday 26 February 2014

26.2.14

Hello from the sick bed.
Im spending the day lounging until its time for work tonight. Im actually feeling a lot better after chemo Number 3 came like a hurricane, flooding the fields and battering down my fence panels. If only it was as easy as to ring my insurance company and get them to fix the problem.
It all went very well at the time. I chatted with Dr Jack and told him about the cancer hotline issues that i had last time. He seemed rather annoyed by it to say the least. I hope that nurse gets reprimanded. Im strong enough to cope with her attitude, but theres a lot of people out there that wouldn't be able to. This is referring back to a previous blog around 11th or 12th feb.
Dr Jack listened to my chest and said he could hear some crackles so i have to have respiratory function tests done again. My white cells have recovered very well thanks to the Filgrastim injection.
Following my reaction last time, the rigor and vomiting, it seems i may be having a reaction to the bleomycin, one of the cocktail of drugs.
It wasn't long till after the bleomycin i started to feel tired.
A nice lady called Jenny came into my room and gave me a nice foot massage. Really enjoyed that. Had a nice ploughman's for lunch, me Linda ate my cheese and biscuits!
I really noticed a difference this time. I wasn't as much fun as usual. We normally have a giggle, but i didn't feel like it this time. Hope i feel better at the next one. I have 9 more to go yet!
Got home about 3.30 and i decided i was going straight to bed to sleep it off. The bleomycin had different ideas. I had the shakes, not as bad as last time, and i was sick, but only just. I had nausea. And my temp was bouncing around like a jumping bean. I rang Dr Jack and he agreed with me its just a reaction to the drug. He asked if id like to stop it!!! I thought he meant the chemo. I was thinking, 'Surely not?' But i think maybe he just meant that particular drug. Im sure we will discuss it more next time. Maybe have some steroids to help with recovery.
But today is another day.
Im feeling better and i know each day will be better.
Its nice knowing i have so many friends sending me messages, although i didn't have the energy to reply to them all last night.

And finding things like this on your doorstep when you get in from the hospital is really nice. Thanks Linzi. xxxxx
Anyway id better go and have a bath, wash that chemo out of my hair.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you were feeling so unwell, but happy you're a bit better now :) And delighted that Dr. Jack is taking the way that nurse treated you seriously -absolutely disgusting, treating patients like that, and hopefully she gets punished! xx

    ReplyDelete