Friday 7 February 2014

7.2.14

Id like to apologise for missing a day. Luckily its for good reason. Ive had nothing of any interest to write, not cos I've been ill!!!
Yesterday I worked in the morning. Actually i worked tuesday wednesday and thursday night duty, but i don't count that as work cos i get to sleep most of the night. So thursday i worked in my treatment room, sugaring, hair removal and gellux nails. I enjoyed it cos its a bit like a coffee morning, but without the coffee! Coffee was offered,  but refused. Maybe trying to drink hot coffee whilst laying down on a couch isn't such a good idea.
Then my oldest son arrived armed with a homemade lasagne and with a dose of humour for me. We had a giggle.  Is there such a thing as laughter therapy? I think it should be available on prescription.
I do have one little problem that I'm loathe to talk about but feel its my duty.
Remember a few blogs back i mentioned how i was having difficulty 'going'? Now I'm having difficulty 'not going'. Maybe its unintentionally self induced by taking too much of the medicine that i was prescribed. But its all a learning curve.
I will be more aware when my next chemo comes around.
Today has been another good day. I went out with Linda this morning and bought a car! I do not intend doing this after every session of chemo, i might add.
I have been whinging and going about my car for far too long. I like something different and the one i have is so boring. So what have you brought i hear you all shout.


This is my new Ford Fiesta Titanium. Possible to be called FiFi. She's so pretty. I pick her up on monday if they've finished beautifying her. If not, thursday. Its something to look forward to after my chemo. 
The other thing to look forward to when i return to the garage to collect FiFi is .........Nigel. Beautiful, dark-skinned, friendly, hot, Nigel. Linda and i both sat dribbling while he encouraged me to buy this insurance and that insurance. He asked me for my phone number. Linda assures me it was just a formality. I think its just sour grapes on her part!
Then a visit from Tracy, an old school friend. Well she's not that old really, same age as me! She came bearing gifts. Beautiful tulips, some lovely smellies for a soak in the bath and lemon muffins. She also found some photo booth photos from the school era which she decided to bring and frighten me with. "Im gonna put them on Facebook." Which is the unfriend button?
The day was finished off by me doing a food shop. Yes i have the energy to do the food shopping at the moment. Its great. And so nice to be able to arrange to meet Linda at the supermarket for a cup of tea. "Where are you?" I hear her sweet voice on my phone. "Meet me by the entrance."
I stand and wait, watching the flotsam and jetsam go by. 
Shame she was at Alder Hills and I was Castle Point. The best made plans and all that.......


No comments:

Post a Comment