Thursday 20 February 2014

20.2.14

Hot date today!
Got myself dolled up - which means i didn't wash my hair cos if i wash it too much its more likely to fall out. A bit of slap. Best bib and tucker.
Met Jim and he's very nice. We chatted for nearly 2 hours with no awkward silences. It was nice to exchange chemo stories. Sounds like he had a horrid time with his chemo.
Its nice to be able to moult loads of stray hairs on my coat without a strange look. It seems feasible that he understands, being he's been through it himself.
Not sure when we'll get together again cos i have chemo next tuesday and I'm out of action for the following week, slumbering on the sofa with daytime TV, the remote control, a hot water bottle, a blanket and I'm thinking a bell would be good to ring for Sam if i need something. He'd love that!
Maybe the next week, all being well.
Now I'm back at work. My last night this week.
The weekend is jam packed with meals, company, outings, etc before number 3. I may even allow myself the luxury of washing the hair that I've managed to keep hold of.
Ive tried hard not to think of Pete (the boyfriend up til a couple of days ago), but can't help wondering how he's doing. I hate the thought that he's in pain and turmoil. And i do miss our twice daily conversations on Skype. But hey ho, its not to be.
Time to chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment