Friday 14 February 2014

14.2.14

Happy Valentines Day!!

Not feeling the love today. I can't say i feel awful physically, although i have just taken headache pills, and my teeth and mouth seem to be aching. And worse still, i have a horrid taste in my mouth, that even a huge box of Valentines chocolates wouldn't help, if id been given some of course!
And even despite me taking extra precautions, the constipation has arrived wearing her best hat!
I have however, received a nice card from the boyfriend, and some flowers from Lyn and daffodillies from Linzi.
Lyn visited me this morning armed with flowers, antibacterial hand gel and some laxatives! Bless her. She enjoyed a cup of tea whilst i settled for a cup of boiling water cos tea just don't taste like tea anymore.
And poor Linzi is suffering from a nasty bug so has kept her distance, other than to leave a basket full of daffies.  That girls got a good heart. Get well soon Linzi.
The other exciting thing i have to mention today........
I have received the forms to attend a drivers awareness course! Yes I've been flashed. It was the day after my first chemo. I was driving to work in the evening and i was feeling nauseous and felt the need to get to work quickly! I was allegedly driving 36 in a 30mph zone.
Now i know its not a good idea to speed, but when you feel sick, its almost like a reflex that your foot goes down heavier on the gas.
You may wonder why I'm working if I'm feeling sick, let alone working after chemo. The reason is.... if i don't work i get statutory sick pay which is approx. £60 pw. Cancer and in debt,  i don't think so!!!
It says on the awareness course forms to state dates you cannot make the course. The space they left for the answer is no where big enough. One week in every fortnight I'm out of action, the following week i do 3 nights. I had to telephone to mention it and actually, to be fair, they were very helpful. Im not sure how they will react when i rock up with a bald head and vomit bowl tho!

No comments:

Post a Comment