Wednesday 22 January 2014

23.1.14

Make sure you don't wear metal. Thats what she said when she rang me about having my PET scan.
No zips, no clips and no underwired bras!
Wear a track suit - my one and only track suit has metal toggles, and its about 10 years old. Oh the shame of admitting that! Wear a fleece cos it can be quite cold in the mobile unit - mine has a zip. Even the knickers I'm gonna wear have a metal bead on top of a little bow. Wear a bra without wire - oh dear i don't have one. I lay in the bath wondering what I'm to do.
Light bulb moment! I have a crop top that i wear to the gym.

 

If I'm brutally honest, i should have inserted 'used to' before, 'wear to the gym'! Its seen many an aerobics class......in the past. And the odd zumba class......in the past. When did i ever have time for these classes? These days not only do i not have the inclination or the skeletal ability, i don't have the time.
Anyway, the reason i insert a photo of the said crop top is this.  I thought you'd like to see the offending article. It was like a comedy sketch. I pull the plug on the bath and dry myself and attempt to dress myself ready for my scan. I pull the top over my head and push my arms through the armholes Obviously its a well fitted garment used for support. It was all rucked up at the back where i was still slightly warm and damp from the bath. I felt slightly claustrophobic trying to get it on so i pulled it off again. I dried myself a little better this time and attempted it again. If i pull it down at the front first......then...... pull it down at the side......just a little, it should be easier..... I pull and pull, arm up at the back..... just grab the back...its easy, just grab the back....just grab the back for crying out loud, its too high up, i can't reach. I was jumping up and down, shouting at the mirror, 'just pull it down'. Eventually i managed it, but not before i was hot and sweaty and terribly frustrated and frantic. Not a good start to a hospital appointment.
Scan over and done with, I drive to work following my scan. I work night duties and Im lucky enough to sleep at work. I was far too scared to take it off before bed in case i couldn't get it back on in the morning. When i do take it off I'm gonna cut it into ribbons so i don't have to go through that again! So I'm lying here in bed feeling constricted in a crop top. Its 3.50 and I'm fully awake - thats gonna hurt in the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment