Sunday 19 January 2014

19.1.14

Im amazed at the amount of help thats been offered to me by my friends.  My new online friends (support group) have been helpful, lovely, kind, understanding, informative, funny, positive, honest. My real life friends have been just as good, and more. Hugs, kisses, offers of lifts, offers of accompanying me to scans or chemo, support, cleaning, cooking, someone to talk to, and even sex!
It really makes you feel good to know people think enough of you that they want to help.
And its weird, having cancer makes you feel a bit special! I mean, id rather not have it, but if you're gonna get it, its nice to feel special and loved. It makes you think though, shouldn't we be making each other feel loved and special, regardless of any health issues?
We're far too busy going about our business to see the important things in life. Not looking at mountains and lakes, not dancing and singing, although these things are nice and enjoyable. The important things are family and friends, love and care, helping and being helped. Theres nothing better than a heart felt cuddle, a stroke, a kiss.
Im gonna make a conscious effort to be more tactile to people that i love, not wait till they're ill.
My 3 sons are gonna love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment